Monday 29 March 2021

Easter egg Hunt

 


I made this card quickly to send to my son for Easter.  I thought I could cut corners by using funky foam instead of a few layers of card stock to build up the eggs.  Unfortunately with the stitched borders on these eggs, this leaves an indent in the funky foam so lining up the image meant the funky foam could still be seen so I had to trim some of the foam which made it a little messy.  Definitely not one of my better cards but I'm sure my son will love it and appreciate the work that went into it.

 I decided on this sentiment from A Good Egg from Waltzing Mouse Stamps because he's been a bit down lately with all the bad news on Covid-19 - he's a very sociable person and the isolation has been tougher on him than most.  The sentiment actually was one long sentiment and I'm afraid I performed a little surgery on it to break it up into two lines - I can always join it up again later.  

I'd like to say I added that yellow egg to brighten up the card a bit but you as fellow card makers know a cover up when you see one - turns out Versafine ink takes a fair while to dry!  

I'm entering this card in the following challenges
Cuttlebug Mania - Put a Bunny on it;
Make My Monday Challenge #145 - Easter or Spring;

My thoughts this Easter go to my two older sons who won't be here for Easter.  Today I've organised their deliveries of chocolate.  On Easter Sunday I'll be having an Easter egg Hunt in the garden with our youngest.  My thoughts will also be with my choir friends who I would normally sing with on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I miss them terribly but am too afraid of risking my husband's and youngest son's health to join them.  Masks may provide enough protection but then again, this is an incredibly contagious virus and a deadly one for some.  

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate


11 comments:

  1. love the unique effects you did to pop up the Easter Egg, adorable card and always love the fun fold! Thank you for playing with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and honestly, it didn't occur to me that you made a boo boo until you mentioned it. He's gonna love it. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS die cut challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever way to hide the eggs! I enjoyed your story of the making of it too: a creative cover up, or just a different design choice??! Thank you for sharing with us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the yellow egg was a brilliant idea. It created a pop of colour that gave your card a lovely focal point. The hidden eggs are a great idea though and that background is beautiful! Thanks for joining our Theme Challenge at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW this is awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is an Easter egg hunt with a difference - love your camouflaged egg card. Thanks for joining our Theme Challenge at As You See It Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous background stamp and I love your hidden eggs. I think craft foam is a great way to add dimension behind die cuts and always rather like how you get a little glimpse of it now and then, so a contrasting colour can work well. Love your yellow contrast egg, it looks like it was meant to be there all along. Bet you sone loves it. Happy Easter and thanks for visiting me xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatutiful I love the Easter Egg hunt idea and the cute bunnies. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Easter card! The sentiment makes me smile. Thank you for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Dies Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I love how you used the floral paper to cut the eggs for an Easter card! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful spring card! Thanks so much for linking up to TSOC challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!