Monday 22 March 2021

A Few 60th Birthday Cards

 I'm having a quick break from making cards to catch up on my blog today.  Here are some cards I made for a friend who has a bunch of friends turning 60 this year - two with butterflies, two with dragonflies and one with a very busy bee.  I tried to make them all a little different - with different papers and slightly different sentiments!  This is the first one I made whose birthday is this month - not that there will be any festivities just yet!


After I showed her this one, she asked for the others to be "less pink" so I went with a blue panel and a smaller butterfly.    


The more eagle-eyed may notice a channel in the card!  This is my go-to card design most of the time - dead easy to make and very effective when in action!   


Then I switched to dragonflies - same concept though.  We discussed that since some of the friends know each other, it wouldn't be fair to give some interactive cards and others "plain" ones.  The panels and sentiments are still different.  I used a mix of the Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday die and the Crealies Happy Birthday and Upper Case Alphabet sets.  A little gloss and glitter et voila!


Lastly was this busy little bee - which was her favourite!  


Being the smallest spinning element he really is very busy and the gossamer shine (glossy accents and glitter) on his wings really catches the light as he spins!


I was worried she didn't like them (after the "less pink" comment on the first one) so I dropped them off personally (wearing a mask and we were in the garden).  I needn't have worried - her eyes lit up when she saw them and she has made a very generous donation to the Ilula Orphan Program so I know she was well pleased!  

I'm entering the Butterfly Cards in the following challenges

Day of the Month Card Challenge #25 - 2nd Birthday and Learn about Butterflies Day


and The Card Concept Challenge #151 which has this beautiful photo inspiration - obviously inspired by that butterfly and its main colour.  I would describe my cards as Clean and Layered or possibly Clean and Graphic or possibly Classy and Elegant.


I'd also like to enter the Bee Card into the current Alphabet Challenge - Y is for Yellow!

and all 5 cards into the Fab'n'Funky Challenge #515 to use non-square cards 
and the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #WWC311 - all things feminine!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

10 comments:

  1. A fabulous selection of cards,thank you for entering our yellow challenge at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of cards, I love the bee one too! Thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday. I'm in the inland Northern Rivers area of NSW so not affected by the terrible floods closer to the coast. We are flooded in today though as roads cut by flash floods in the myriad creeks around here. Hope your family is ok, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love that petite pattern paper with the butterfly die cuts! Thanks so much for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Y is for Yellow!
    Rachelle DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set of birthday cards. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great set of interactive cards!! They are all gorgeous and the spinner mechanism works perfectly! Thank you so much for playing along at DotMCC, and thank you also for your lovely comment on my challenge post. Good Luck!! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just beautiful and I love the spinning action of each one! Absolutely wonderful cards for a very special friend and/or occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate

    Great cards for a special birthday .. .. love the dragonflies very much.

    Thank you for your suggestions with regards getting another tab onto my blog. Not had any luck yet but will keep trying. At least I haven't deleted my whole blog yet! LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely set of cards. Thanks for joining my challenge at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely these are! The 'flutters' are so amazing. Your friend is lucky to have a talented carmaker like you! So glad to see the pink one in our lineup (the Card Concept), thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How delightful. Each of the cards offers something wonderful. I personally like the bold pink one the most!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!