Sunday 28 March 2021

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

 

I was contacted last week to make a card for someone's daughter who will be turning 7 shortly - perhaps with a unicorn and maybe a rainbow.  The proceeds of this will go towards the Ilula Orphan Program in Tanzania to help the children and their support staff stay safe and healthy, now that COVID-19 has reached the isolated community.  

I die cut three of  these darling unicorns (Tattered Lace) and removed the "bits" from the one that would be on the top and coloured them with various pastel-coloured alcohol markers colours and then reinserted them. then stacked it up with the other two plain white ones and added glossy accents to the tail and mane and sprinkled glitter while it was drying - which not only made sure the tail and mane would sparkle but also that those bits wouldn't fall out.  Eventually I added another 2 coats of glossy accents.  

I coloured the rainbow with the same alcohol markers  - it's from an NBUS set, so I'll be entering it in NBUS Challenge #24.  I placed these small clouds at the bases of the rainbow and gave them the same sparkly treatment I had given the uncicorn's tail and mane.  I ended up adding another 3 clouds to the design for balance and support for the rainbow (along with some foam tape in a few spots).  The name was die cut with the smallest alphabet set I had from holographic white card stock and curved over the rainbow.

I shaped the "hill" with a Simon Says Stamp Wavy Scallop Stitches and the whole panel was cut with a Crealies Stitched Rectangle. 

I'm entering the following challenges
Papercraft Challenge #68 - Regenbogen/Rainbows
Alphabet Challenge Blog - Z is for Zoology

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

7 comments:

  1. Sophie will absolutely cherish this card! It’s perfect for a little girl!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge with this beautiful Birthday card,love your touches of colour on the unicorn,a magical card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate

    Such a beautiful personalised card .. .. I love the rainbow and clouds in the sky very much.

    I got the tab onto my blog. Thank you for your help.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for a 7 year old!
    Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge. Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for entering our challenge. I'm not sure that a unicorn fits the bill for Zoology as it is a mythical creature. It is a beautifully created card and I do love it. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card - I love the soft rainbow colours and that you have given the unicorn three layers! Looks lovely! Thank you so much for joining our "Rainbows" challenge at Papercraft Challenges! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card for a 7 year old, great job! thank you for joining our rainbow challenge on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!