Saturday 20 March 2021

Twofer Feathers

 

The March Twofer Challenge is a little different - we get to choose our own twofer element and I chose Feathers!  I love the Twofer challenges - they're a challenge for my brain as well as for my hands!  I also got to use some NBUS items as the Feathers I chose for this challenge are from a new (for me) set (Funky Nature) set so I'll be entering NBUS Challenge #24 as well!


The first card is a Moving/New Home card.  Here's a closer look.  I used a few different Core'dinations card stocks.  Remember when they were all the rage?  I thought they would add to the rustic feel of these dies and it feels good to use something I've forgotten about in 10 years!

I cut a few branches down to make enough twigs for the nest, then it was just a matter of layering it on a branch and adding the eggs and of course the feathers - you can't feather a nest without feathers!  The sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps A Good Egg.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges Time Out Challenge #183 - Do Your Different Thing!  I don't usually use these Core-dinations card stocks (which explains why I have four barely used pads full)!  Distressing is something else I don't do often.


I'm also entering Challenge #78 at The Library which has the following book as inspiration

And the current Fusion Card Challenge which has the following inspiration

and the Daring Cardmakers Challenge and Always Fun Challenges #205 which have the prompt of Spring.

Here's a closer look at the second card which is a teacher appreciation card.  The feather here being used as a quill to be dipped in this little ink pot.  This is for my son's male teacher - hence the absence of pretty colours and the use of wood was necessary as Simon is in the Bois Class this year.

I wish I had stamped the sentiment before I assembled it!  I tried to stamp afterwards and while the ink splat worked, I had to mount the sentiment on a frame to cover up an unsuccessful attempt at stamping on the front panel.  I do like the look of the stitched Kraft frame but it might hinder the spinner the spinning feather.  

Here is the feather in flight

I'm entering this card in the following challenges


Inspirational Challenge #235 - Fur/Feathers

Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies March Challenge 

Fab'n'Funky Challenge #515 - No Square Cards

Retro Rubber Challenge #154 - Anything Goes 
(the ink splat is from a 2016 Stamp set and the sentiment is from a 2014 set).



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and become better acquainted!

Kate







14 comments:

  1. What a treat! I'm so glad you included the video, Kate. I thought the feather was on a slide so it was fun and awesome to see it spinning from the ink well to the splat and I love the glossification! The teacher will get a kick out of it and appreciate how manly you've made it! And your idea to use feathering a nest for a new home design is precious and perfect! I love the texture and dimension from your layering. Thank you for playing in TCC #36 and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Kate. You are so good at the Twofer. I like how you interpreted the Time Out challenge-so good to use those papers and they do look good together. Love the placement of the dies and how you built these up and it does have a lovely rustic feel. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two FABULOUS cards Kate!! I love the idea of using feathers for a new home card, and all your layers equal a warm and sweet new home!! And your spinning card is AWESOME!! I love interactive cards and have to admit I watched your little video a few times to see that glossy feather spinning around between the ink pot and the splat...soooo creative and just perfect for a male teacher!! Thanks so much for sharing both these awesome cards with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautifully you've used these feathers and love seeing them two ways. I love the textured effects on the first card. Thanks for joining The Library and the cleverr twist on the second. Thanks for joining The Library and also Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rustic look you created on your new home card is fantastic, Kate ... there's such delicious texture and depth to it! How fun to have that shiny feather spinning across your second card ... the shimmery splat it left behind on the way to the ink pot is such a clever idea. Thanks for the video ... it's brilliant ... and thanks so much too for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both lovely - thanks for sharing them with The Daring Cardmakers this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your egg nest card is striking, the green background looks vintage and is perfect for spring. Your second is perfect for a man with the all natural colors and textured feel. Two beautiful cards, thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Twofer, Kate! The idea to use feathers and nest for a new home card is awesome. The sentiment matches perfectly. Your interactive card is simply great! Thank you for sharing a video. The feather "parks" perfect into the ink. Thank you for joining us at Twofer Card Cahallenge in March. Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creations Kate. Great texture and creativity. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards. Thanks for sharing over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful cards - I love the watching the video for the second card - seeing that feather twirl and move toward the inkpot is so fun! Great idea to use the core-dinations cardstock on the first card (I also have some that I need to use!) - the distress/vintage feel is perfect for the design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for being so late with this comment, it's been hectic for a couple of weeks up here.
    But I needed to tell you that your cards are amazing, both of them and I so appreciate you sharing the one with the brown feather and the ink well, seeing that in motion on your video, totally blew me away.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How clever! I love that you included a video, so we could see the motion. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful creations.
    Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!