Tuesday 3 October 2023

Little Town of Bethlehem

This is my DT card for Challenge #149 at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Card Challenge!  

I found a sheet of DP in my stash which I thought resembled sandstone and I used it to cut these two layers of a Bethlehem scene (Gemini Little Town of Bethlehem).  I wish I had thought to add a layer of black card stock behind the buildings - it took me ages to piece in all those windows and doorways.  Another layer of card stock would have put more distance between the two layers of buildings as well.  Next time I'll add the top layer with foam tape too!  

I'd like to enter the following challenges

Paper Players Challenge #660 - Lost in Space (my starry night sky);

\

Little Red Wagon Challenge #724 - Layer upon Layer;

Merry Little Christmas Challenge #52 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #49 - Anything Christmas Goes.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! The background is splendid! I hear you about using black cardstock instead of piecing in all the windows and doors, but I think it looks especially fantastic with the little embossed detail on the doors....so I appreciate the extra time it took. (: Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Kate I love the scene you have created the houses look to have so much texture on them very realistic a super festive card
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a great scene. What a great find for your project!! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
    Barbara DT Member for https://merrylittlechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buildings look really real and the entire card is beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, Kate! The buildings truly look like they are made of sandstone. The starry sky is perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! I love that night sky! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! WOW with the piecing each window and door; it's amazing~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!