Monday 31 July 2023

A Jolly Elf


A very quick card made for the Day of the Month Club Challenge #53 - National Simplicity Day.  I left lots of white space one element, a simple stamped sentiment and a simple colour combination of red, black and white.


I finally get around to using this NBUS die I ordered almost 18 months ago from Charlie & Paulchen - Wichtelreihe (Row of Pixies).  I was going through my sentiment stamps recently in the hopes of finding my mojo and found this lovely bold sentiment from WMS 'Tis the Season and thought it was perfect for this jolly little chap to use as a springboard!  Once I'd coloured him with alcohol markers and assembled him, I added glossy accents to his nose to make it bulbous and added glossy accents and glitter to the bobble on his hat.

There wasn't a lot to this card but I did use a snippet of white left over from a previous project to cut the elf so I'd also like to enter Challenge #459 at the Snippets Playground - the main reason I made my CAS card a Christmas one!





Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

5 comments:

  1. Kate: your Christmas card is cute simplicity--cute festive simplicity! Thanks for sharing at MLCCB and MTTCC! --Becca/DTs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Christmas card. Adore both the elf/gnome die cut and that super sized sentiment.

    Thanks for submitting your homework to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Join me, Di & Dudley for Eggnog up in the Treehouse later. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card - I love the quirky elf and the rather splendid sentiment!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, if you'd like to link your elf card to our current challenge at Christmas Kickstart that would be lovely! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very funny christmas card and a great design. Glad you jouned us at DotMCC. Good luck! Gundi

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!