Thursday 11 May 2023

Treasure of the Sea

 


Challenge #238 has just gone live at Time Out Challenges and this fortnight we have an Inspired By Words Challenge with this quote by Aberjhani 


"Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” 



I not only focused my attention on the words "rainbow" and "gold" but also on the notion of treasure being found at the end of a rainbow.  I serendipitously stumbled upon this very old stamp in my stash while looking for another item, which led me to create this ocean themed card - which is about as far away from my initial idea as you could possibly get!  But that's the fun of challenges - you never know where they will lead you and  I do love to be beside the seaside so I don't mind at all being led there!


I'm on a mission to use up my NBUS items so I always check them first and I remembered I had not yet used this magnificient Nautilus Shell (Memory Box Grand Spiral Shell).  It's a 2 part die and I stacked up 2 of the solid die cuts in white before adding the rainbow die cut and finally the detail die cut from gold mirror card - I used the white die cuts to create some distance between that busy patterned paper and the shell.  


I'd like to enter NBUS Challenge #50 - it's always fun to enter Darnell's NBUS challenges though inevitably I'll find one or two things that I simply must have when visiting there so my NBUS stash is not decreasing at all!


How lucky was I to have this snippet on my desk from a project I made last week, which just accomodated the shell!  

 


I found some DP which resembled water, but it had a stark white background so I blended squeezed lemonade and sailboat blue DIs over it to give a dappled ocean appearance,  I dried that, ran over the anti-static pad and heat embossed the "treasures of the ocean" text directly onto the panel in gold!   Use Your Stuff Challenge #483 has a theme of water so I'd like to enter there!

I'd also like to enter Retro Rubber Challenge #206, which is a tic-tac-toe challenge and I've used row 3 - patterned paper, embossing and my choice of gold!  The Treasures of the Ocean text stamp is from Crafty Individuals Stamp set #272 Sea Shells.  I added it to my photos library (which I use to catalog my craft stash) in 2010 but it could in fact be older than that as my records only go back so far.  

RRCB 206


We can't wait to see how you interpret these words - you can use just one, some, or all of these words as inspiration and please, if it's not obvious please explain to us how the words inspired you!  If you're stumped, you might like check out the inspiration from my fellow DT members and we're being joined this fortnight by Greta Hess of GG Creations - I'm sure she'd love you to drop by and say hi.


Varada Sharma is our sponsor this month - as well as being a brilliant crafter and blogger, she has designed some really gorgeous digital stamps and cut files.  She has kindly offered 2x$15 vouchers - which means we can offer 1 of those vouchers to our winner as voted by the DT team, and another randomly.  Check out the Time Out Challenge Blog for details!  



And as always our winner will also be invited to share their talents as a guest designer in a future challenge.  


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!  

Kate

14 comments:

  1. I love your creative take on the quote! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Kate! Love your take on the quote, AND your wonderful design! That shell is gorgeous, and a wonderful sentiment to go with! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful snail shell and a very impressive card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Kate. And I love the whole story of how this beauty came to be. Your whole though process is so fun to hear, and the result is beautiful. I am most happy by the sea as well, and this card really resonates with the idea of rainbows, gold and treasure. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous rainbow shell with that terrific gold too. Really beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate... I thought you had stamped the background... I can't believe it is DSP. So love how you combined it with the distressed panel for the shell. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh to find a treasure like that in the ocean, Kate. Such a beautiful sea shell and I love how you made the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow--so unique & beautiful! Thanks for having me GD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, Kate!! I really love how you got inspired bu the quotes. Love it totally. HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is unreal, that she'll is amazing. Thanks for joining in at retro rubber this time Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. From he background to the shell, this is a frame-able piece of art!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a creative take on the challenge. I love that shell die and the touches of gold give this a magical look! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!