Tuesday 25 July 2023

Blue Christmas

 

Challenge #144 has just gone live at The Holly and Ivy Challenge and now it's only 5 months to Christmas and I'm beginning to panic!  I've decided to go to Australia late October and as most of my cards are headed there, I need to have them finished before I go so I can take them with me!  And I won't have much time to create the rest of them when I get back either, so I really need to get cracking!  

I went through my stash of Christmas papers and found a 12x12 sheet of navy blue card stock with gold foiled snowflakes from which I was able to cut 4 panels.   I thought I'd make some quick spinner cards up but unfortunately this (unbranded) snowflake die was not a good choice - it's far too finicky plus there was a large hole in the middle which made made it very difficult to attach a magnet!  I did manage to plug that hole with a navy blue flat backed crystal that sparkles as it spins!  Seeing it finished, it does look magnificent but I will be using a different snowflake die for the other 3 other panels!

 Here it is in action!


I'd like to enter the following challenges
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #51 - Anything Christmas Goes;
12 Months of Christmas Challenge #102 - Anything Christmas Goes;
Double D Challenges - Christmas in July;
Little Red Wagon - Brrr.. It's Cold Over Here.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

11 comments:

  1. Wow, a very beautiful and very classy Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So creative and a fun card to receive. It was good to see it in action. Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW this is awesome and absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this elegant card with the gold and the dark cool grey, beautiful..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if my comment was saved, so saying again, this is so gorgeous and elegant, I love the gold and dark grey/blue, beautiful.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card and the beautiful card that you've used to make it. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of the snowflake spinning as it floas down to earth! Beautiful Christmas card, full of shimmer and glimmer!
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.
    Maureen aka Scrappymo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! That is cleverly interactive! Love the dark blue and all of that beautiful gold! This is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Christmas in July Challenge. Donna, DT Member. Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    This card is gorgeous and what a very clever design also.
    Love the card stock used it's fabulous and goes so well with that die cut snowflake.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great use for your navy card. A very smart set of cards. It is a very nice fancy snowflake even if it wasn't quite ideal for the purpose.I like the double layered script on them too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous and fun snowflake spinner card! It spins perfectly! Would have never guessed that die was a problem… great save.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!