Monday 2 November 2020

Wood and Wool and Hot Chocolate

 


There were so many elements to inspire in this Inspiration photo from the current Fusion Challenge!


Firstly the wooden floor - I had a few stamped distressed wood backgrounds left over from previous projects so I used one of these.  Next the woollen sweater - I knew immediately, I would use this mittens die (bought in January and still unused) and I thought a doily might also soften the look.  Can't think why I placed the doily off the page, I couldn't centre the cup on the doily because the handle was way off the page (and wouldn't fit in an envelope).  I couldn't really get the look I was trying to achieve with the cup either.  My aim was to have the grey card stock (yes I cut it from dark grey card stock) show through the white embossing powder this embossing powder (WOW!) is so good it covered the grey completely and wouldn't oblige me.  So I abandoned the grey/white colour scheme in favour of a brown/cream one and just cut the die cut the top of the cup again using brown card stock and stamped this with some hearts in white VersaMagic and placed this in the gap (gave it a coat of glossy accents too).

 Just Us Girls is challenging us to use Word Dies this week.  I love Word Dies - so much easier to add to a card than stamping!  I almost used a "Winter" sizzlet die (which I have had forever) but instead opted for this SWEET one and added a little tag to the handle of the cup with "birthday wishes" stamped on it.  It was a toss up whether to use it as a birthday card or use the sentiment "Holiday Hugs" and make it a more seasonal card, but being Australian, I'm not really a "Holidays" sort of person.

 Shopping Our Stash Challenge #432 has the prompt "Warm Drinks for Cold Nights" which fit in rather nicely with my card and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has an Anything Goes this week.

The Cup and the Mittens are both Never Before Used Stuff so I'll also be entering this card into November's NBUS challenge as well.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!
Love,

Kate


10 comments:

  1. This is darling! And those mittens steal the show even with the bold cup! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us for Wild Card Week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love this card and your use of that word die cut too! Thanks so much for sharing at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your detailed and thoughtful take on the inspiration photo, Kate! It really makes me feel warm and cozy. Nothing better than coming in from the cold, taking off your mittens, and tucking up with a hot cup of sweet cocoa! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. I don't have your email, but wanted to tell you how much I chuckled at your last comment. I can't believe you are the only one that got the bit about the 'restroom ladies' queuing up after too much coffee! lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is lovely. Great use of the inspiration photo. That mug is a keeper! Thanks for playing over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. I like all the details, it's a perfect combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is frustrating when something does not go to plan but I love this card just the way it is, that coffe is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the wee mug!
    Thanks for settling in for a hot bevvie with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect touch with those little mittens Kate. Thanks for joining us at the Fusion Card Challenge this fortnight. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a beautiful card and a fab take on the inspo challenge. love that doily, too! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (hot beverage!) STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your cup and mittens atop that doily, Kate - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!