Tuesday 16 February 2021

Twofer Balloons

I found this simply stunning inspiration pic on Inspired By Challenge #IB161!  


I was determined to use some of my new Wildflower Stems dies, so it was just a matter of finding a vase or other suitable container to put them in.  I found an old Sizzix Originals Balloons die and thought I could possibly adapt the long balloon as a suitable vase AND then could kill two birds with the one stone and enter Twofer Card Challenge #35 which has the prompt balloons!

Here's a closer view of the bottled wildflower.  I coloured the stem with an olive alcohol marker and the tips with a pale pink but the pink didn't pop enough so I went over with an embossing marker and embossed in this lovely Metal Magic Pink embossing powder by Debbi Moore.  I cut the base off the balloon, layered it up a few times and coated it with a few coats of the same pink embossing powder.  Not only is it a very pretty shade of pink, but this powder has a lovely subtle metallic sheen.   The sentiment is from WMS Afternoon Tea Sentiments and cut with the smallest Labels 25 - I punched a small hole in it to make it into a tag to hang around the neck of the bottle!

Then it was just a matter of creating a real balloon themed card!  I cut 5 balloons (actually I cut 15 because each of them is layered up 3 times) and coloured them in various distress inks to have a rainbow-themed card, then coated them in Glossy Accents.   I was lucky enough to find this sheet of DP to make a bright bold background for my balloons and some wash tape to decorate the envelope!  The sentiment is wishful thinking more than anything else of course!  Hubby is having a big birthday next week but there will NOT be a party!  In fact I'm having a big birthday in October and it's very unlikely that we'll be able to have a party then either!  But that's life for a while longer yet unfortunately!


I'm also entering the following challenges


HLS Anything Goes with Dies February Challenge

Always Fun Challenge #201 - Anything Goes

NBUS Challenge #23 - The Wildflower Stems die set is new

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and maybe get to know you a little bit better!

Kate

11 comments:

  1. Such cute cards! Love how you were able to make something totally different with your die - very creative! Thank you for playing with us at HLS Dies Challenge and hope you can come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness how absolutely ingenious, fun, and perfect for a birthday and get well card!
    Your balloon-vase reminds me of pottery vases (my absolute favorites), I LOVE this idea! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week, can't wait to see more of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous vase with the sweet flower, Kate! Perfect for the photo inspiration! Love that party on a card with the brightly colored balloons! Such a fun balloon shape! Thanks so much for sharing these two designs with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two brilliant cards Kate, and a great way to use the balloon die cuts in different ways. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous twofer Kate - especially love the balloon turned into a vase with the doily behind!! Can't get enough of that one!! Your quintet of party balloons looks amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, what a clever use of the balloon to make a vase, it's fabulous! Two wonderful cards. Thanks for joining us at IB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH you clever girl!! Perfectly adorable way to create a vase - thanks for delivering this one to our IB gallery, Kate!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulously done!!! This is perfection on all counts. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS die challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, Blogger! I just left a long paragraph, Kate, and when I hit publish, I got that Lego face "blogger refused to connect." How rude! I'll try again. I love your two fantastic designs! Your glossified rainbow colored balloons and awesome pp are going to be a hit with your hubby for his big birthday! All it takes to party is the two of you!! And I think you are a genius for the way you turned a balloon into a gorgeous vase that I would love to own! I love the colors, the sweet flower, the little tag, and the doily! It is just sensational in every way! Thank you for playing in TCC #35 and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea to turn your balloon into a vase for that oh so delicate floral sprig, Kate ... the soft colours are gorgeous ... the dainty doily is a delight ... and I'm just imagining the lovely pink sheen! Your party balloons are deliciously vibrant and bold ... fabulous against the bright PP ... the shine on them is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popping back to congratulate you for the well-deserved Honorable Mention for your fantastic Twofer designs, Kate!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!