Monday 19 October 2020

Silhouetta, Gentille Silhouetta


I'm pushing myself to spend more time creating at the moment and less time worrying about the state of the world.  So I've been scouring the wonderful space that is Blogland for ideas to get the old Mojo fired up!  And it worked - there are several challenges out there at the moment that got me thinking and inspired!



Obviously the first Challenge is the TWOFER Challenge!  Except I got a bit carried away and made a THREEFER!   I chose this stunning silhouette (a freebie from a craft mag bought eons ago) designed by Indigo Blue!  As I studied it and considered various layouts,  I realised that it was going to be difficult to make different layouts (a requirement of the TWOFER Challenge I believe) as it basically took up the whole card front!  So I thought I'd stamp it on different media instead, to change it up a bit!

BTW, this Indigo Blue set has been on my "To Use" list for years now and has only just seen the light of day so I would like to enter it in the NBUS challenge #19


I chose an alcohol inked background for my first card.  The colour combination was a no-brainer - it's October and I'm always Thinking Pink in October!  And it also happens that the TIMEOUT Challenge #172 is to make an encouragement card with a twist of Pink.  So I created a background using all the pink alcohol inks in my stash and a little gold and stamped this beauty on top.  Fortunately, I knew from past experience, that I could have trouble getting a clean image and used my TH Stamp platform. 


I knew I wanted to use this Beautiful die from Verve, but I wanted to say more, so I ended up creating this sentiment using Microsoft Word Art.  The pink was a bit washed out, so I went over it with a pink marker before I gave it the Glossy Accents treatment.  The Beautiful got the same Glossy Accents treatment and a little gold was sprinkled on while wet.


I always decorate my envelopes (or at least try to) so I was happy to see that the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is to make a card and matching envelope.   Again, owing to the size of the stamp, there wouldn't be a lot of space for addressing the envelope, so I went with tone on tone stamping, using Pearlescent Orchid Brilliance Ink. 


While the stamp was on the Stamp Platform I stamped it on another piece of card stock, this one highly textured.  It was fortunate that I used the stamp platform, as the only think trickier than stamping on this is trying to photograph it!   I went for a simple "Thinking of You" sentiment from Waltzing Mouse's Big Day Today set.  I thought it might be useful as an encouragement card or even a Get Well Card.


While working on the envelope for the first card, that I got the idea to truncate the stamp.  So I changed the orientation of the stamp and stamped it three times off the page along another piece of textured pink card stock.  This one I made into a penny spinner card using this beautiful Tattered Lace Oriental Butterfly.


While making the Word Art for the first card, thought I'd try another sentiment.  Sympathy cards are always something I need, often at short notice.  I was really being lazy here as I have plenty of lovely sympathy sentiments I could have stamped on black card stock with pink embossing powder, but I quite liked the glossiness of the printed sentiment.

Here's the butterfly in flight!



There are other challenges which happily coincided with my post.   The Pick of the Paperbacks Challenge at The Library had the following inspiration photo - pretty obvious which of these titles reminded me of of my first 2 cards.


613 Avenue Create has an Anything Goes Challenge with the optional twist of "Winged Things" so my Butterfly card will be fluttering over there!

We Love Chocolate Baroque has an Anything Goes Challenge (focal point must be stamping), so I'm entering my trio over there!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit!  If you leave me a comment, I can return the favour 😘

Kate















 

11 comments:

  1. So much versatility with the lovely IB stamp and super creations, thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque October challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Threefer are beautiful with that cool stamp, Kate! As you said, your first and second gorgeous cards are the same layout (i.e., design), but either of those, along with your creative interactive third card make a wonderful Twofer! I love that vibrant alcohol ink background and the way you made your sediment and it was very clever of you to just you a portion of the silhouette as a border along the bottom of your elegant sympathy butterfly card! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #32! Keep safe. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Thank you, also, for sharing with everyone at NBUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, it seems your mojo is in full swing! What an incredible 'threefer!' So glad that you used this stamp; it's simply amazing. I have no talent whatsoever, creating anything with AI, but this pink background you've made is gorgeous. The tiny bit of glitter, and the bit of gold really turned out beautifully. Using your silhouette's 'hair' as a field of flowers worked perfectly, and that spinner butterfly adds incredible interest. Very pretty 'thinking of you' card as well. Thanks so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge! Stay safe. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I forgot to thank you when I was here the other day. I really loved the saying that you sent me and I am planning to add it to the NBUS blog somehow. It's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s.(3) Seeing my other p.s. above ... do you think I might possibly be getting absent-minded?????????????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and versatile stamp, well done!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dreamy image is fabulous against the texture-y looking AI background, Kate ... and just as wonderful on the soft pink! What a brilliant way to use the stamp as a border ... it adds an even greater sense of movement to your already fluttering delicate butterfly! A delicious threefer! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes - the woman's silhouette is perfect for Evaristo's book cover. Your two cards are really stunning - (actually the third is fabulous too!)Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!