Tuesday 14 May 2024

Glad Tidings Deer

Challenge #163 has just gone live at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and I have a quick card today!  

These reindeer (Poppy Stamps Whittle Forest Reindeer) have been sitting on my window sill for a few weeks - I had cut them when I made up this card!   I  thought I'd make them a little more special so out came the gilding wax ... again!   This stitched panel was also in my UFO pile so it was just a matter of working out what else to add.  I went with this row of trees (Poppystamps Whittle Tree Border).  If you look closely, you'll see a touch of gilding wax on the trees as well.  To subtly ground the scene, I used some very old stitched border dies (Paper Smooches Stitched).  Do you think I should add red noses ... I do like my reindeer with red noses, don't you?

I'd like to enter these fab challenges
NBUS Challenge #62 - The Whittle Tree Border set is NBUS;
Crafty Animals Challenge #83 - Anything with an Animal;
Peace on Earth Challenge #63 - Anything Christmas Goes;
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #56 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

4 comments:

  1. This is a CASlicious stitched delight, Kate! I love imagining the shine from the wax! Well done using your UFO and NBUS schtuff and inspiring everyone to do the same! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great CAS design! It has a wonderful rustic Scandi feel to it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorably cute cute scene!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!