Tuesday 2 April 2024

Deer Whittle Fallows

 

Challenge #160 has just gone live at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and here is my DT card.

Last week, I found a pad of patterned vellum papers that I couldn't resist buying mainly because of this tartan one - I do love tartan for Christmas cards and I do love vellum!  I cut a frame from cream card stock using the two largest dies in the Pink Fresh Essentials Diagonal Stitched Rectangles set and laid it over the vellum and trimmed the excess which gave me a place to hide the adhesive so I could add it to the card base.  

The deer (Poppy Stamps Whittle Forest Deer) were cut from cream card stock and coloured with alcohol markers.  I cut just the noses from some brown card stock and added a little glossy accents to make them shine.  The heads were mounted on foam tape.  I would have loved to add the heads on wobble springs but the wobble springs I have were too large for the heads (I wonder if smaller ones are available 🤔)

I'd like to enter the following challenges

NBUS #61 - The Whittle Forest Deer are NBUS;

Crafty Animals Challenge #82 - Anything with Animals;

Alphabet Challenge Blog : Z is for Zoology;

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes;

Kraft Chicks Challenge KCC#709 - All Occasions;

Christmas Craft Creations March Challenge - Use Designer Paper;

Merry Little Christmas Challenge #55 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Sparkles Christmas Challenge #159 - Non-Traditional Colours;

Girls Creative Christmas Challenge #66 - Anything Christmas Goes!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

8 comments:

  1. Love those cute little deer, and a perfect plaid background for them! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and at Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful winter/Christmas card. I love the combination of brown shades and white, it creates such a calming, cozy atmosphere. Those little reindeer are lovely, I like how they seem to have different personalities. The plaid vellum paper is a perfect background for the scenery. I'm kind of afraid of vellum as it's so difficult to hide glue/adhesives, but I see that you've mastered this task to perfection. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little deer are adorable, and the paper is the perfect backdrop! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Craft Creations!
    Please note that to be eligible for our prizes, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. I’ll check back before the challenge end date to see if you’ve updated to be eligible 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! Your dear deer are so cute. Thanks for playing at Merry Little Christmas Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee, Kate, how cool to have found a pad of plaid vellum! Well done with the design, which I'm sure is even better in person with the vellum and the glossified noses! (I had a bit of a giggle when I read that you had mounted the deer heads. Poor little deer, lol!) Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these little friends, we had some in our back yard last evenig...so cute, great card, thank you for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations, have a wonderful day.

    Leanne DT Member/CCC
    Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!