Tuesday 28 May 2024

Bird of Peace


Challenge #164 has just gone live at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and here is my DT card.  

For today's card I raided my UFO box and found this window (Poppystamps Brilliant Star Oval) I'd cut for a previous project but didn't end up using.  It had been cut from light blue card stock but I thought it could benefit from a little gilding to make it a bit classier for Christmas - I have to admit I do love the mottled effect of gilding wax!  Then, I was very happy to discover that the largest of my old Spellbinders Class Ovals dies fitted perfectly so I placed an oval of patterned vellum behind the window - I do love a bit of vellum.

I had already cut the base of the bird from blue and I was going to cut the remainder from gold when a snippet of yellow caught my eye (not cleaning up your desk between projects can have its advantages)!  It occurred to me that a blue and yellow bird would be perfect for my Ukrainian friends!  It also reminds me of my budgerigar  Billy Boy who was blue and yellow!

The background panel was cut with one of the Pinkfresh Studios Essentials Diagonal Stitched Rectangles.

Lastly, I mounted the little bird on an action wobble!

I'd like to enter these fab challenges


Triple B May Challenge - Birds, Butterflies and Bees;

Die Traumfabrik Challenge #128 - Pets (my budgerigar was blue and yellow just like this little bird);

Me and Billy Boy circa 1986


Peace on Earth Challenge #63 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Merry Little Christmas Challenge #56 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and will hopefully be able to find you!


Kate

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card Kate. The decorative oval is gorgeous and your little birdie is so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE what you've created! Awesome design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Peace on Earth challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful CAS card with such an important topic. Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory again. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Kate! What a sweet design and so beautifully made too. Billy was a beauty. Thanks for joining us at MLCC, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🩵🩵🩵this!! I saw this at the Dream Factory Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at the Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge, The Secret Lives of Pets is also a ride at Universal Studios Hollywood & we’d love to see your card in our challenge this month.. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week.
    Cheers, 🎨🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!