Tuesday 10 August 2021

Snappy Lobster

 


A few challenges piqued my mojo this week.  Firstly Seize the Birthday Challenge #220 has the prompt "Stripes".  I've been looking at this lovely striped DP for over a week now - it's from the same pad that I used for Squeeze the Day.  I knew I wanted to do something nautical with it and there's loads of brilliant inspiration in this photo at the Card Concept Challenge #158 but I've focused on the two cushions on the sofa. 


 I experimented with a frame because of the challenge at Just Add Ink Challenge #566 - after all a frame is a great way of focusing attention!   However I thought I'd change it up by using a hexagonal frame when a simpler plain round frame would have been better - next time!


The Male Room Challenge #153 is celebrating their 8th birthday this month and as the inside of this card reads "I missed your birthday" I'm entering my belated masculine birthday card there as well. 


Finally the Memory Box Lobster is NBUS (been sitting in its envelope for a few years now) so I'll be entering it into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #29!  

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

8 comments:

  1. This is such a fun take on our frame challenge Kate. Thanks for joining in this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those denim looking stripes are the bomb with that red lobster! Good luck and hope to see you again at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card and meets all the requirements of the challenges you mentioned. So great to use some NBUS, too! It is a nice CAS yet graphic card, my favorite kind. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! Hope to see you back in September!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card here Kate, love the clever fun sentiment too. So sorry I am late leaving comments also ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and fun card, love how you put it all together.
    Thank you for joining The Male Room blog.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stripes and snappy lobster sure caught my eye on NBUS. Love your card, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That DSP is awesome for a nautical card like this, Kate, and I like how you tied in the photo from The Card Concept. I actually love the frame you chose and think it works well ~ six sides and six legs on the lobster. Perfect sediment, too! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and fabulous card, love the pun. Thank you so much for joining us in our Our 8th Birthday challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!