Sunday 1 August 2021

Layered Anemones

 

I finally got to play with this Altenew Layered Anemone Die set!  This was an encouragement card for a friend I made earlier in the month.  I found 4 shades of purple card stock and 3 shades of green and made it up as per the layering guide - it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.   Though I would advise against using textured card stock as it's tricky getting the grains aligned (and I failed miserably)!


While I had the die out, I made up another three flowers and this week I finally made them up into cards - this time adding stems.  The Simon Says Stamp Tattered Poppy set includes a straight and a curved stem.   On these two cards I used the SSS Detail Bohemian Plate for interest.  I love this die but it meant I couldn't stamp on the panel.  I've stamped a "Thinking of You" sentiment (Verve Rise Above) and cut it with this ticket die (Crealies).  I prefer "Thinking of You" to "With Sympathy" generally, and it means I can also use it should I need a get well or encouragement card.  But IMO, these cards are a bit too fussy for sympathy cards.


For this last one, I laid the flower on its side for a landscape orientation and I used the simpler leaves from the SSS Tattered Poppy set.  I think this plainer "Thinking of You" sentiment suits a sympathy card better than the flowery one I used on the second and third cards.  I like this last one the best!

I'd like to enter this last card into the following challenges

Timeout Challenge #193 which has the following inspirational quote


Mod Squad Challenge has a "With Sympathy" theme

Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #152 has a Dies and Punches theme

Krafty Chicks Challenge #570 has an Anything Goes theme

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has an Anything Goes theme

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

5 comments:

  1. All of these cards with the flowers are lovely, and together they make such a wonderful set. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job, I like the layered flower very nicely done.

    Thanks for playing the challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge!

    Leanne DT/KCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards - I haven't played with this die set yet -= but you have inspired me to give it a go. Great addition of the leaves and stems. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, lovely layers. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes a beautiful flowers and great colours! (Maybe I have to put these dies on my wishlist :) ) Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!