Monday 30 August 2021

Busy Bee


This is another card I've been meaning to make for several weeks, having seen this lovely inspiration at the August {Pin}spirational Challenge.  


I have a market in less than two weeks - my first one for 2 years!  Cards made with this little bee stamp and matching die from Verve are usually some of my best sellers so I hope to make a few but I thought I'd make up a sample one first, to try out this new die.  I can practically make these interactive spinner cards with my eyes closed now.  Mostly I use a patterned (usually floral) card stock as the base panel - embossed backgrounds don't work very well because there isn't enough clearance provided by the magnets I use.   When I saw this honeycomb detail panel die, I thought it might give a plain background panel some interest but not so much interest that it interferes with the spinning process if you know what I mean!  It finally arrived last week so that gave me a good excuse to try it out.  Since this is the first outing for this die I'd also like to enter NBUS Challenge #29.

I'd also like to enter Timeout Challenge #195 which has the challenge to use a coloured card base.  Black isn't technically a colour, but I don't think hairs will be split over it!  


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has an Anything Goes this week so I'll also be entering there!


So does the detailed die base inhibit the spinning action?  Here's a video I shot of the bee in action!


And a closeup of the schparkle though the sun was not very obliging today!



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, and I love the interactive element. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful how the colourbase works with the be! And super that you made an interactice card! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!