Thursday 9 March 2023

Brushtroked Butterfly

 


If you read my post yesterday, you'll know I had a spare green and gold butterfly that hadn't worked out.  I decided to do something with it today instead of sticking it in a box where it probably won't see the light of day for a loooong time.  

I started out making a sympathy card and thought I'd go through my very much neglected embossing folders collection for some background texture.  I chose what I thought was a very unremarkable NBUS embossing folder which turned out to be quite lovely when I actually embossed a panel with it.  It's from Sizzix and I think it's called Sparkling but I bought it sooo long ago I doubt it still exists.  My eye was instantly drawn to the small crosses in the pattern which I thought would work rather well for Easter!  And as a butterfly is also a symbol of being reborn, I decided on an Easter sentiment instead!  

I'd like to enter the following challenges


NBUS Challenge #48 - both the butterfly and ambossing folders are NBUS



Double D Challenges who have this brilliant mood board - 
I drew mine from the bottom left photo - the door with the gold letterbox and the texture of the old wall


who are back after a well-deserved break!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate




17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and simply elegant design. Glad you rescued the butterfly and embossed background. They look amazing together and made for a beautiful sympathy card. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Green" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning butterfly Kate and the embossing is a beautiful. Great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're persistence really paid off--that green and gold butterfly definitely needed a place to rest, and your Easter card is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! So glad you saved your butterfly and created an embossed background for it; they make for a gorgeous pairing! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love the butterfly, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful and elegant!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Double D!
    Diane TB and DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card with the lovely butterfly! I am now your newest follower! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beautiful butterfly deserves a great CAS design like this! It's a gorgeous creation! Thanks for sharing it with the first Triple B challenge! (Carol, GD)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty card! That butterfly is amazing! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card - please be aware that you have linked up with HSL Christmas challenge instead of the die challenge...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I linked it with the right challenge, I just had an erroneous link back. Fixed now, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

      Delete
  12. The butterfly looks stunning and the embossed background makes the card very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry ... it wouldn't let me sign into my google account so I'm appearing as Anonymous. Your card is just beautiful ... love the CAS design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your butterfly definitely needed to be used and not in a drawer with the bits and bobs because it is so pretty! By keeping your design CAS it really becomes the star of your lovely Easter card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    Stef
    Color Hues D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you on the cast offs that we just can't throw away and get exiled to the drawer. I think what you did with it is fantastic and I love the embossed background! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at HLS!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!