Tuesday 17 August 2021

Sweet 60!

 

As You See It Challenge #256 has a "Fill in the Blank" Challenge - What Is Your Favourite Animal?   Birds of course!  Such beautiful and majestic animals and my first pet was a bird - a little budgie called Billy Boy!  I was petrified of him at first but gradually fell in love with him.  He was so clever - talked, danced and came when you called!  Though he did have an annoying habit of biting my nose if I slept in!  Yes he had the run of the unit and only had his cage shut when we had visitors and that was mostly for his safety as budgies are bush birds - they love to spend time on the ground!


I cut my bird from pink card stock and distressed the edges with Faded Jeans DI.  I went around the eye and throat with blue alcohol markers because I saw a "Mask" prompt at CASology Week 394.  However  this card is definitely not CAS so I won't be entering there but I thought I should give them some credit!  The eye was a drop of black Ranger Enamel Accents - which worked perfectly! 



Inspiration for this card also came from the Alphabet Challenge which has the prompt "J is for Just One Word"!  This seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out this tongue in cheek sentiment I've been considering for a while!  And this little bird (TH Feathered Friends) is just soooo sweet isn't he?

The Sisterhood of Crafters has a "Leaf it to Chance" challenge at the moment so I added a few sprigs to make my little bird feel at home.

Just the one snippet of teal card stock used here for the foliage (unless you count the snippets I had left over from cutting the bird which I used for the flowers and sentiment) so I'll be entering Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #409!  I wish I could say my stash(es) of snippets is going down but sadly it's not true.  I just can't throw anything out!  Fortunately, there are plenty of ideas in the playground for using them up!

I'm also entering my card in the August Anything Goes with Dies Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

8 comments:

  1. I love the inking on your beautiful bird. Lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with the HLS die challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful 60th birthday card! Sure to bring a smile! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birds are beautiful animals, but I, too, was terrified of them. I used to look after my neighbour's birds when they went away and the birds often got out of their cage when I was cleaning it and flew around the house in a frenzy as I tried to recapture them. I've had a phobia ever since. This is a lovely way of creating a bird for the challenge though. Thanks for filling in the blank with us at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bird and a very special 60th card. Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful birthday card, I just love how you incorporated the little bird in a nest of doily and flowers. I like the soft colours you used, and I also like the floral background paper which gives a wonderful vintage touch to your creation. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Awesome papers and image. Love it. Love the design. So glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet, sweet card! Thanks so much for linking up to TSOC challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful card this is Kate! And plenty of snippets used as well. I did smile about your budgie - I've had a few in my time as well, and like your Billy - they also only had the cage door closed when we had visitors. Such sweet and entertaining little things.

    Huge apologies from me for being so late commenting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!