Thursday 26 August 2021

Mountain Wedding



A friend of mine needed a wedding card and as she know I'm making cards for charity she asked if I could make up one for her. I asked her if she had a preference for a colour and her answer was “the wedding is in the mountains, the colour of the mountains?”. The first thing that came to mind was Blue Mountain Pottery which was very popular in the 80s - a mixtures of teals and blues mimicking the pines and spruce on the face of the Blue Mountain in Ontario’s Georgian Bay region.  And as I've been meaning to make up something in teal for Rainbow Challenge #32 for several weeks, this seemed the ideal opportunity!   


Since I didn't have any teal embossing powder, I experimented with several green and blue embossing powders, as well as UTEE and Gold Sakura powder until I was happy with the result.


Timeout Challenge #195 has a theme challenge to use a coloured card base.


Just Add Ink Challenge #569 has asked that we add something with "N".  I've added the "Names" of the bride and groom on this wedding card.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week is Anything Goes


Krafty Chicks Challenge #574 has an "All Occasions" prompt.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kate, what a fabulous card. Love that you've personalised it with names. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Your colour experiment for the heart turned out wonderfully. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card - great N elements too. Love the shininess of your heart. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Kate. Thanks for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge, and I hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Em, DT-Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so sweet! I love the heart! That's so awesome! :) Thank you for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge! Hugs! Katy, DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The heart on your card is amazing! I love the antique feel to the heart. Great wedding card. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card! I love the teal colours with the touches of gold. Adding the names on the front gives such a beautiful and personal touch. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant card! Love the all blue color scheme and the personal touch with the names. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card. I love the effect you have achieved by mixing embossing powders. Looks really cool! Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us again this month too! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!