Wednesday 6 January 2021

Big City Life


This stamp is from the Town House Series by Basement Studios. The designer is a very talented artist of whom I have had the honour of calling a dear friend for over 20 years.  She based her designs on houses she has spotted during her years living in Europe - the two houses here are based on Luxembourgish houses.

When I saw the graphic for Time Out Challenge #178, I immediately thought of these stamps of hers.  The really great thing about Jaine's Basement Studio is that it's only 2 villages away from me.  I placed the order on Monday night and picked up the stamps yesterday afternoon and here's what I came up with this evening - a rainbow of town houses!  I'm no colourist and I have very limited alcohol inks but it was quite therapeutic -  a nice break from home-schooling my youngest this week and the reports of deaths and irresponsibility in the news.  



These are a few other challenges I'm entering (click on the subtitle not the image)


Paper Players Challenge #522

Use Your Stuff Challenge #413 - All About the New




Make My Monday Challenge #139 -  Something New in Your Stash

NBUS Challenge #22

SSS Wednesday Challenge - Something New

Allsorts Challenge Week 605 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!
Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

7 comments:

  1. Kate this is just gorgeous and so like so many places in Europe I have been lucky enough to visit. The rainbow colours is a super fun idea. Your colouring is really good so don't put yourself down! So pleased you found this relaxing and thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very clean and elegant. Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, there's something about this card that called to me. I'm a city girl at heart; worked in NYC for many years and it reminds me of the rows of beautiful brownstone homes that line many of the streets. Your coloring is perfect! Thank you for joining us over at the Paper Players challenge this week. Hope to see your lovely work again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun city scene that you created! I like your use of color and the fun design! Thanks for playing at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that this image is beautiful and I would love to see her inspiration for this image in person some day! I love how you colored them in rainbow fashion. Lovely card! Thanks for joining our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fabulous design! Thank you playing along at Make My Mondy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky to be friends and live so close to the wonderful artist, I love the houses and with them being so colourful will cheer anyone up. Love your card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!