Friday 15 January 2021

Warm Birthday Wishes

 One of my best friends has a birthday soon - we've been friends since our kids started school together over 13 years ago.  She lives in my village and we would often meet for coffee - however, that all changed with COVID!  We've only seen each other a dozen times since March - from a distance and outside.  Having a coffee with her is probably what I miss the most!


My inspiration for this card came from the Fusion Card Challenge with this sketch and Photo Inspiration.  I've turned the sketch on it's side.  I was also inspired by the checked table cloth, the script on the blackboard and the mugs.  My checked table cloth was a new acquisition (Honey Cuts Plaid A7 Cover Plate Top).


I also wanted to play along with Rainbow Challenge #25 - Nothin' but Neutrals - which is why I opted for a brown inside my cup rather than red.


I have to admit I was also inspired by this graphic from The Card Concept though I won't link it there as I shouldn't use two different inspirations challenges.  I was intrigued by the pattern on the cup and embossed mine with an alpine borders embossing folder (picked up just before Christmas but not yet used).


Other Challenges

Cardz4Galz Challenge #138 has the prompt Cocktails, Wine or Coffee.
The Sisterhood of Crafters has the prompt Die Cuts and/or Embossing Folders.
Papercraft Challenges #66 has the prompt Heat or Dry Embossing.
Happy Little Stampers has their Anything Goes with Dies Challenge back up and running!

I've used New Schtuff so will be entering these Challenges

I felt it needed something more so I added a pair of gold mittens and a sprinkling of cinnamon (cut outs from the mittens)!  I'm much happier with it now and as my friend is a knitter I can't think why I didn't think of it before!




Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate



16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creation ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this coffee-themed birthday card Kate. Your details are lovely - the embossed mug, the checked cloth and the heart-shaped steam coming from the coffee. We really have learned to treasure our friends and family more than ever before haven't we. Hope you can meet up with your friend again soon. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the simple things we miss when we can't have them. Great card and love the embossed detail on your mug. Stay Safe. Thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge this fortnight. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kate! Lovely to see a comment from you the other day...I haven't popped by for ages. Gorgeous card, especially the embossed mug. Looks good enough to drink! You must be missing Australia at the moment. Compared to Europe we really have been very lucky, although it's difficult when you have family overseas at these times. All my family are currently in lockdown in the UK. I feel so bad for them and very guilty that my life is comparatively normal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, Caz.DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Thank you for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz, Make my Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Love the norway motiv on the mug. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! You had me with coffee, for sure, then you made it monochrome color that looks just like the coffee I'm drinking right now. Perfect! Thank you for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge and hope you can come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss coffee with my friends as well. This is beautiful. I love the texture you gave to the cup. Thanks so much for playing along with the die challenge at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kate for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge. What a lovely cup of coffee card. Love the brown plaid... perfect on this card!!! Please join us again next month for our new February challenge.
    Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great make, love the tablecloth it finishes it off perfectly!

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Cardz 4 Galz' this fortnight
    Stay safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! Thanks so much for linking up to TSOC challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the "improvement". While the card was lovely before, I do agree that the mittens and "cinnamon" were great additions. I love that you embossed the coffee cup - so clever. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an awesome card! I love the embossed mug and the checkered table cloth. So much texture. And those mittens are adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rainbow Challenge! Hugs! Katy DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet card. And I really love the thought behind it! Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us this month as well! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card :)
    Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenges.
    Anja

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!