Monday 18 January 2021

Always Bee Amazing

I'm having a bit of a lull in my mojo of late!  When this happens I often revisit old cards - a bit like treading water until you can muster the energy to swim to shore I guess!  And that's what I did today.  I found this pretty sheet of 12x12 sunflower paper recently and managed to get 6 panels out of it.  I made a card for a friend's birthday last year and I made this spinner card with another panel today.  


I suppose it was the yellow sunflowers that made me think of this bumblebee.  I made a heap of these bees back in 2017 and still had a few left (Whats the Buzz from Verve).   I cut a channel for my little bee to flit backwards and forwards across the card front and then it was just a matter of adding a sentiment.   There are some great sentiments in the set - I considered What's the Buzz, All things are Possible and You're the Bees Knees but in the end I went with two die cut words - Always (the Big, the Bold, the Comfort from Winnie and Walter) and Amazing (Amazing Adjectives from Verve) and made an encouragement card.  No matter how many of these spinner cards I make, I never get tired of playing with them afterwards.


At Use Your Stuff Challenge #414 the theme is Out with the Old - i.e. get rid of left over bits from old projects - a perfect excuse to put one of those bees and that panel of DP to use.

At Always Fun Challenges #197, the theme is your favourite product - something you nearly always use to create.  Apart from my guillotine and Big Shot, without a doubt my favourite bit of kit has to be the Crealies Rectangles Double Stitch XXL-36 set of dies.  I almost always use the third largest rectangle from this set to cut panels for my cards as it is perfect for the A6 card sizes and the C6 envelopes we use in Australia and Europe and they just just take all the guess work out of cutting a card panel (I use the same die to cut the inside as well), the stitching detail gives a nice finish which cuts down on the need for a mat (saving on postage), I can make frames as well as panels and can use the smaller ones for mounting sentiments. 

I didn't make this card with anybody in mind, but even with all the sunflowers and glitter, it could be be given to a male IMO and the Male Room Challenge #146 has an animal theme so I'm entering there.


The Sisterhood of Crafters has a Die cuts and/or Embossing Folder theme this fortnight.




Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

 

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job on this card. I love the Bee. Thanks for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers Challenge. Dawn *Dteam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background paper is beautiful and I love what you did with the bee. Fab! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun interactive design! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely background paper, and I love the "flying" bee! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate - I just left you a comment on your snippets polar bear card! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Kate! It's a fantastic encouragement card that would be perfect for any age and any gender! Thank you for your comments on my blog. I wanted you to know that there are no restrictions in the rules of TCC on how many times you can enter and I have added that question to the FAQs. So get creating! Yay! You still have until 11:55 p.m. PST! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is amazing, love the flying be and the field of flowers. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room. I hope to see you in our new Steampunk challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!