Saturday 30 January 2021

Life Support

 Anyone else been struggling with their MOJO lately?  Post-Christmas exhaustion and dark, dismal days always tend to get me down at this time of the year but add a pandemic to the mix and ... well I just felt like the light at the end of the tunnel had been switched off!  

When a friend of mine saw a previous card I had made with the SugarCut Heart Beat and asked if I could make up something similar in green I jumped at the chance to make something to kickstart Mr. Mojo!  She explained that she wanted a Valentine's Card for a friend of hers who has helped her get through the lockdown with weekly G & T Zoom meetings!  After making up the heartbeat border,  I went through all my stamps and realised that I didn't have anything which would work as a sentiment but  "Life Support" popped into my head (which she loved) so I made up a banner using Word Art.   I noticed this cocktail stamp in a new set of beach/ocean related stamp set I got for Christmas and thought it might work well for this G&T loving friend's card!  


As you can see the heartbeats have been layered up.  It can be devilishly tricky to work with fine die cuts like this but if they are layered up they're less likely to "stretch" out of shape.  As I said, the banner sentiment was created using Word Art (a green Text box with a white typewriter font) then cut with the smallest Crealies Stitched Rectangle Die (I don't know what I would do without this set).  I stamped the cocktail directly on the card front and again on another piece of white card.    I then cut out just the glass from this extra copy, coloured it, coated it with glossy accents and placed it over the other image.

I added some gold to the gin and tonic and also to the sentiment and heartbeat while the glossy accents was drying!

I'm entering my card in Just Add Ink Challenge #539 (heartbeat border and the sentiment banner)


Also  Challenge #190 at Addicted to CAS  where the prompt is Pattern


I'm also entering the following challenges

Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge for January

Pixie's Snippet's Challenge #395

NBUS Challenge #22

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!
Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I can use the drink on the card :) Thanks for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies. Dawn x DTeam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kate, a very clever design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate

    Thank you for calling by my blog .. .. so pleased you did because I have found you now too!

    Love your card! A really great design (not just because I am partial to a G&T) LOL!!!

    I think lots of people in blogland have been struggling with their mojo during these troubled times .. .. .. but better days have to come back one day .. .. .. surely it can't stay like this forever!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is amazing!! Love the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this "beat" as a pattern - very creative. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever card Kate - I love all the thought you put into it and such a stunning result as well! Great stuff!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My king of life support! I could use that right now - just did an awful lof of snow shoveling - we got 14 inches and its still snowing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card - really makes me smile. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we have all felt like that this winter! Your fabulous card makes me smile and I know your friend will love it. CAS perfection. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!