Thursday 26 November 2020

'Twas the Night

 


A couple of challenges caught my fancy this week!  I thought I'd combine a few into this A5 sized Christmas card.  It didn't start out as an A5 card, but I underestimated and it wouldn't fit in a 5 x 7" envelope so I thought what the hell, I'll mat it on an A5 card front!

I placed a sheet of acetate directly beneath the frame and then used foam tape to attach it to the poem -  I wanted the top layer floating over the text. I was going to add a few of these snowflakes but after cutting out the house (SugarCuts Home Sweet Home) I had all the little "windows" left over and used them instead!


Here are the challenges - click on the subtitle to follow the link to the challenges!


The Library Challenge #73

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #43

Colour Hues Challenge #6



Christmas Card Throwdown November Challenge





Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!
Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

7 comments:

  1. Nice job and it could be framed and enjoyed for the Holiday Season. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting beautiful card. Thanks for playing at 52cct

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative framing work and a great design idea for a quick card, perfect for mass production if needed. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love the houses and of course Santa and crew. Thanks for playing along with Shopping our Stash for Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! What a gorgeous way to frame this timeless classic. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful way to celebrate this poem! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How delightful this is! What a fantastic way to use the poem! Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!