Tuesday 24 November 2020

Get Well Sara

One of Simon's therapists has Covid-19 - fortunately she hadn't been near Simon after she was in contact with the person who gave it to her so we're still safe (well as safe as any of us are)!  But Simon is quite worried about her, having heard so many awful things about the disease so I made a card for him to send her.  



I used the gorgeous colour combination from Just Us Girls Challenge # 563  again (loved it so much) and made an easel card.  I adhered a piece of tissue paper to a piece of purple card stock because I wanted a softer shade before I ran it through this spotty embossing folder.  A couple of doilies, a few green leaves and a Get Well Label and it was all ready for this mug I made earlier in the day.  


I love how the mug turned out - it looks like the night sky!  To make it I first added WOW! Blueberry 
Cheesecake embossing powder but I wanted a deeper, more vibrant blue so I added two coats of another embossing powder (Sternenstaub Galaxis) and it was precisely the colour I wanted.  After that I added two coats of embossing enamel.  I took a photo of the mug during construction earlier in the day because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to capture the sparkle under artificial light (not that there was much sun around today).  The lighter finer areas are where the Blueberry Cheesecake came through and I think it looks a bit like the Milky Way!


Here's the graphic for the Just Us Girls Challenge



Other Challenges I'm entering are (click on the text under the photo for the link)

Double D Challenges Winter Blues


Fab'n'Funky Challenge #503 - Handstamped or Die Cut Sentiment


Arty Divas Challenge #31 Anything Goes


The Unicorn Challenge #60 - Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs,

Kate

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. I really like the colours and glossy affect. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card which I'm sure she will greatly appreciate and yes ... scary times we are living in right now! Beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a thoughtful and beautiful card! I can't get over how cool that mug came out! Well done all around! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great easle card. hanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.

    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card! I don't make many easel cards so I always think they are amazing when other people do. That mug is seriously awesome! Thanks for sharing how to make it-I never thought about combining embossing powders. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!