Monday 30 November 2020

Spruced Up Again

 




When I made up a card using this Divided Fir tree from Gummiapan a few weeks ago, I cut and coloured a few others at the same time!  I was going to try mounting it on a piece of patterned paper to change it up a bit but after trying out several options returned to the plain white embossed background.  I did however want to add more red and cut a whole lot of hearts and stuck them on the tree (I bought a cheap border die from Action and I knew it would come in handy for just this purpose).  I die cut the Joy (WPlus9) from red card stock as well (lots of snippets of this red lying about on my work area) and added glossy accents to all the hearts and sentiment for some shine. 

I mounted it on a red base but wasn't 100% happy with it.  I tried these photo corners  (Tim Holtz Movers and Shakers ATC) in silver which seemed like a good idea at the time but then I needed to tie in the silver on the corners with the rest of the card and added a silver heart hanging from the J - this area needed something anyway.  It's really too busy now but I'm sure one of my friends will appreciate it!  I added glossy accents to the silver (I had to - this glitter card stock was shedding badly) - some imps seem to have hidden all my silver things - first my silver embossing powder and now all my silver card stock and this glitter card stock was all I could find!  

Here are the challenges I'm entering - please click on the subtitle (not the photo) to follow the challenge links!

Colour Throwdown Challenge #621 
 you see now why I used silver!


Just Add Ink Challenge #533 - Another reason I added "S" for Silver


TGIF Challenge #292


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


Pixie's Snippet Challenge #391 

Jingle Belles Challenge - inspired by this banner


Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate


8 comments:

  1. This is so cute and festive! I love the corners-they add that extra glam. And I love the tree on the card and on the envelope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute quirky tree Kate, I love how you graduated the colours and the little pops of silver add lovely sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun tree Kate. Love all the layers and textures and the little touchs of silver give your card that fun bit of bling. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in and playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love that tree with the gorgeous colors and silver. Thank you for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fab card and bonus points for the cool matching envelope! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun once more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how you used those colors ... so very glad you joined our BANNER Holiday at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Kate! I do love to read how you made your cards and also the thinking process behind what you did! AND a matching envelope as well, bravo!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!