Sunday 22 November 2020

Seeing Stars Again

 This Starry Wreath Die arrived this week, just in time to enter  Twofer Card Challenge #33 - the last challenge for 2020.



By the time I had assembled the shaker element of the first card, it was looking so festive, I couldn't think of anything more appropriate than a simple "2021".  I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be glad to say goodbye to 2020!  The wreath and numbers were cut from a brilliant white holographic card stock - not easy to capture in a photograph.  I filled the shaker with pale blue sequins and clear glass seed beads.


The wreath that I removed from the first card became the focal point of the second card - now that's what I call a twofer!


Not everything went to plan on this second card though!  I specifically cut a silver wreath so I could emboss the sentiment in silver but I could not find my silver embossing powder anywhere!  I have many, many, embossing powders - several black, several gold, several white, pinks, blues, greens but just the one silver and it was nowhere to be found!  I don't even have a silver ink pad, and the best I could come up with was this Brilliance Pearlescent Blue which is a better match in real life than it appears in this photograph.  

I would like this second card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which has the prompt Christmas.



Timeout Challenge #175 has the prompt quick and because this card came together in minutes (once I gave up looking for the silver embossing powder), I'm entering there.


I specifically chose this blue card stock because of this mood board at Double D Challenges (I'll definitely be back again for this one - I have loads of other ideas)


Finally as this die is brand spanking new, I'm entering the NBUS Challenge #20


It's been a busy week, we had the First Holy Communion in our parish last Saturday and today.  Only 6 children made it last Saturday, and as there were so few, I thought it would be nice to make them a card.  It was to have been 9 making it today, but in the end 13 children celebrated their First Holy Communion today.  Over 60 were signed up, but the majority are postponing until next spring.  It was so odd seeing the girls all dressed up in white with veils and masks.  I wanted to sing for them today, but I think that will be my last until Christmas (I hope) - there's just too much COVID around now!  Here's the card I made for them.  The wheat die is also a NBUS I bought at a recent craft fair.


Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Your star wreaths are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Kate! Love that your 1st one is a shaker and how perfect to use 2021, as I'm sure we're all ready to see the end of 2020!! CAS and just perfect!! And yes, truly a twofer with your 2nd card and I'm sure the holographic really shines IRL!! And how thoughtful to pass on your talents by providing an extra blessing to those making their 1st communion...lovely, lovely cards!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge Kate!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such stunning creative cards. Love the way you used the die in the negative and positive and such gorgeous soft colours. The sentiment is placed just perfectly for the Time Out card and the stars seem to just hover-super! Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are just FABULOUS! What a great design idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long after you published this did you find your silver e/p right in plain sight, Kate?! That's what happens to me. I've always heard that our peripheral vision gets weaker as we age, but I seem to be losing the "dead center right under my nose" vision! You've made two beautiful cards with the swirling star die! I love that you turned one into a shaker card in celebration of 2021 and the hammered card base and sediment on your second design are awesome! I also love the card design you made to congratulate the children on their first communion. Your execution and your handwriting are flawless! Thank you so much for playing again in TCC #33 and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely cards you’ve made showcasing that stars die. Your New Years Card is so festive and fun with the shaker bits. Your CHristmas card is lovely as well. Thank you for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challengs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, both cards are stunning!! I like the simple design.
    An I'm very happy that you found and like our Challenge Blog Day of the Month Card Club. I hope we will see you there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautifully starry wreath, Kate ... brilliant with the tiny shaker elements to see in the new year! I love the dimension you created on your Christmas card ... it's so delicate ... and what a beautiful sentiment! Your First Holy Communion cards are perfect ... the children celebrating must have been delighted to receive them on their truly special day! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful design and I live the simplicity. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That star wreath die is absolutely stunning - and I love the way you used it to create a twofer :) Both cards are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautiful and elegant! Love the soft colors you chose and your idea to make one of your card shaker, CAS interative at it's best! Thank you so much for joining us at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!