Saturday 7 November 2020

Hello Sunflower


Evening all!  The night before last I dreamed about a sunflower card.  There is a field full of them in one of our neighbouring villages and they look so elegant at this time of the year standing tall and reaching for the sun!  There were a few challenges that inspired this card.   Firstly Colour Hues Challenge #5 was to use the a Kraft and Yellow combination which I loooove - pop over and see all the gorgeous inspiration by the TCH designers.


Always Fun Challenges #187 was to use Kraft as well so that worked out well!


Mojo Monday is one of my favourite Sketch Challenges - I just adore Julie Tilman's sketches and Mojo Monday Sketch #549 is no exception.  I saw the sunflower in place of that circle and then just had to work out the other elements.


This week the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge prompt is Thinking of You.   Sending a "Hello" is definitely showing you're thinking of someone!


Use Your Stuff Challenge #409 is to use Stripes.  It took me a while but eventually I found this piece of striped, yellow DP and put it to use!

Just us Girls Challenge #561 is to use triangles, which is why when I was looking through my border dies I chose this triangular bunting border die!




Neither the Kraft or the yellow card stock worked for the last design sketch element - the label under the circle.  I happened to have a piece of gold mirror card in my scraps and cut this label to complete the sketch.  There are two challenges to use gold - The Current Sisterhood of Crafters challenge and CardzforGalz Challenge #134!



Finally the border die I used to edge the rectangular sketch element is new so I'm going to enter this card in NBUS Challenge #20!






Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs,

Kate

12 comments:

  1. Fab card, I love it when challenges spark the creative synapses like this!
    So pleased you joined in at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. You stole my heart with my favorite flower.

    Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed card; love all the texture. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sunflower - thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to combine all the challenges into one pretty card. Well done. Thanks for joining in at just us girls challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sunflower! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in your card and such a pretty focal flower. Thanks for joining our stripes challenge at Use Your Stuff this week and hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. I do love sunflowers. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - love the combination of papers you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

    Helen x
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful take on the challenge colors!
    Thanks for playing at the Color Hues Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!