Friday 27 November 2020

Frosty Hugs



I wasn't going to add arms to this snowman but he looked odd without them - it's an old Waltzing Mouse stamp set (Sewing Box Christmas) which has cut files but no matching dies.  I cut the snowman and some arms with my Cameo but the thought of stamping onto such a small space made me nervous.  Probably why I've not used this particular stamp from the set until now!  However, I shouldn't have worried - as always Waltzing Mouse Stamps never disappoint and stamped beautifully.  I stamped him again and fussy cut the inner snowman for a bit of dimension.  Once I had assembled the snowman with his open arms, I knew immediately what I wanted for a sentiment.  The thing I've missed most about this pandemic (or damn epic as Darnell refers to it) is being able to give my friends hugs!  Even if we meet, we have to maintain that 2m distance!   The "Hugs" and sending sentiments actually came from the matching WMS set ( Sewing Box Hugs).

I coloured his hat in red rather than the traditional black and framed him in red to lift the image - I also wanted to mimic the ribbon in the inspiration photo (see below).  Once I added the snowflakes to the card, I had all the little spots from the centres left over and added them to the night sky!  I glossily accented the top hat, and later added glossy accents to the body as well and sprinkled glitter while it was wet.  Here's a closeup of the snowman.



Here's my initial inspiration for this card, the wooden background, the snowman, the red ribbon and the snowflakes.  Click on the link in the subtitle to see how others were inspired!

Inspired By Challenge #IB152


and other Challenges which either inspired me or coincided

Always Fun Challenge # 190 - Inspired by a Movie
1969 Children's Classic Film Frosty the Snowman


Cardz4Galz Challenge #135 Cute Christmas

Just Add Ink Challenge #533 


November 52CCT Challenge 

Inkspirational Challenge #226

SOS Challenge #434 - Let it Snow 



SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Perfect for our Challenge!
    So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card . Thanks for playing at 52cct

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE, I like the arms on the snowman too! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic! I like this cute snowman and the addition of the wood grain and the snowflakes. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a cute Snow man and I agree, he might look fun without the little stick arms. I like the subtle colour palette. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stitched snowman - so cute and of course snowflakes are the perfect accompaniment! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card, the snowman and his background are great and I like how you've laid out the sentiment. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet stitched Snowman. I love his arms. Thanks for joining in with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate your blanket-stitched snowman is one I've never seen before - and I am so happy to see him in our IB gallery! He's snow cute - and I think he's very happy with his new red hat!
    Thanks so much for playing along!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!