Thursday 1 August 2024

Belle Bell and Birds

 

The Sparkles Christmas Challenge #163 has just gone live and the theme this month is 

Christmas Critters.   

These little birds were part of a set I recently bought from Poppy Stamps (Nordic Majestic Bloom) - though I've assembled my flower a little differently!  I inverted the flower head so it resembles a bell in order to make it a little more Christmassy!  I originally planned to go with a traditional red, green and gold but this bloom is so pretty I opted for pink, green and gold instead.

As I was assembling, it occurred to me an action wobbler would be perfect for mounting this pretty "bell" - it even makes a faint boing sound! 

I'd like to enter these fab challenges

Snippets Playground Challenge #485 - I forgot to take photos of all the snippets before I started but you can get an idea from this after photo;

NBUS Challenge #65 - Poppy Stamps Nordic Majestic Bloom is NBUS;


Merry Little Christmas Challenge #57 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Peace on Earth Challenge #68 - Anything Christmas Goes;


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

8 comments:

  1. OH WOW! How creative & beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely snippets Christmas card and great idea to invert the flower head into a bell.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground & for sharing a pic of your snippets. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever little trick to invert the flower Kate - it makes a perfect bell! Such a pretty Christmas card and a great snippets buster as well.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful is this versatile card! This would be beautiful for an anniversary/wedding as well as Christmas! Beautiful CAS style with the golds and pinks; the wobble idea on the inverted flower is genius! Nicely done! Thanks for sharing at Cut It Up! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swoon! My goodness, Kate, this is stunning! It looks like an exquisite needlework of art and I think you should frame it! This is a cover girl design! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I love this, you know I love anything folksy artsy!! Adding you to my blog roll if I may, I lost access to my old blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! Such a lovely card! Love the idea of adding the action wobbler for the bell, so creative!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!