Monday 15 July 2013

Not your typical wedding card !


Not your typical wedding card but then the invitation came by way of tea towel so I've tried to be a bit quirky.  
The tea towel was printed in a light teal colour so I have tried to match it or at least tone in with it.  The top of the tea towel has bunting and announces the names of the intended, while the bottom features a bicycle built for two along with the line of that song.  
Well the bunting was easy, I cut several bunting flags using the Spellbinders Nested Pennants, and spelt out CONGRATS using the Wplus9 Folk Art Alphabet die.
The bicycle built for two was a bit harder.  I have a bike stamp but not one built for two and it's a little small.  In the end I borrowed this Crafty Individuals stamp from my good friend Lena.  It's actually perfect because as ballet dancers for the Australian Ballet the young couple have danced at many of the big cities mentioned in this montage stamp and the postage mark which unfortunately is partially obscured by bunting is from Melbourne - their home town.  Andrew is flying down under tomorrow night for the wedding along with sons #2 and #3.  I'm staying here and making sure son #1 doesn't get up to too much mischief.
I used Mojo Monday's Sketch 301 for inspiration and would you believe missed the deadline again.  Oh well it is a great sketch isn't it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, the bicycles are perfect for two people starting their journey together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like, in this case, your card is spot on, Kate, and you've done a fantastic job of capturing the essence of the invitation! My DIL would have loved this as her wedding color was turquoise!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!