Tuesday 19 June 2012

A Little Bird

I thought while I still have Jaine's Cage Bird Die, I'd use it for another card.  I started making this card in pink and brown but found I couldn't get a clear impression on brown card stock without using one of the pearl embossing powders from Heritage and since I don't have a pink pearl,  I switched to purple.  Note to self - must search for a nice bright pink embossing powder.
This is essentially the same as the Blue/Brown Christmas cards I made last month, with the exception of the monogram which was stamped with a Just Rite set in brown pigment ink and embossed with clear.
I cut a purple envelope from a Zeeman card set down to size so it served as a liner - it's a little difficult writing on the brown, and stamped it with 2 sentiments from the Fancy Phrases set and a small branch stamp from the Paris Nouveau set.  This is for a friend from a group of us.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo very nice K, good idea to use the envelope as a liner, what class.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!