Friday 29 December 2023

2023 in Review



This week, I'm excited to be co-hosting the 2023 Year in Review blog hop where I and other co-hosts share our favourite papercraft creations of 2023 and we would be delighted if you join us!  


Here is a list of my co-hosts and I know they'd appreciate your visit and feedback!  


Alicia - Golden Goddess Designs
Debbie  - Secrets to Stamping
Diane - Nellie's Nest
Ellie - Ellibelle's Corner
Francesca - Percorsi di Fantasia
Helen - Made by Helen
Joanne - My Slices of Life
Lillian - Lillian's Crafting Blog
Tee - The Paper Layer

Or you can create your own "year in review" post and link it up below!  The linky tool will remain open for a week - plenty of time to review your creative year and pick one or more of your favourite papercraft projects to share!  

 

I decided to make it easier for myself and chose a favourite from each month, but you might like to just pick your favourite project of 2023 or your favourite top 5 or 10!   There are no rules other than that they are papercrafts projects and that they are your own work (not favourites you have come across online through the year)!   Any products and all styles are welcome!

These are my favourites for 2023, listed by month - you'll find a link below each photo to their blog post  in case you'd like to find out a little bit more about what was used and how (and sometimes why) they came about!


January

Scrapped Quilt (made up from pretty leftovers)


February

Like a Rainbow - a CASE of a Gina K creation!


March

Sending Hedgehugs (one of two cards in this post)


April

Style is Eternal


May

Hooray Squirrels


June

 

July

Once Upon a Time


 August

 Hello Beautiful Peacock


September

Sweet Christmas Pudding


October

Fabulous Vintage


November

Poppy Hugs



December

Tis the Season to Sparkle - because Christmas really is the time
for paper crafters to sparkle and shine isn't it!

Well done if you made it this far because I'm giving away two die sets (see below) as a small prize to one lucky commenter on this post for the duration of the link up - and if you're a follower  I'll put your name in the hat twice!  I'll also post anywhere in the world!



Well that about wraps up 2023 for me.  I hope you enjoyed the recap of my creative year and hope you find some time to recap your creative year and play along with us.  

Wishing you and your loved ones health, happiness and good fortune in 2024!

Kate

13 comments:

  1. Kate, absolutely amazing cards! I can't even begin, the bird, the kinetic, the long hair! I love them ALL! And what an amazing prize! Thanks for offering it up and thanks for hopping, it's been a lot of fun. Happy New Year.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of cards from this year 2023! I'm especially fond of the first one with all those snippets of paper creating the background. It's one of my favorite techniques and yours turned out just beautiful with those pretty pastel colored strips of paper. Happy New Year to you in 2024, and happy crafting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. January is my favorite. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too find it easier to select one each month although that was a bit of a challenge too in some months. Love your selections, each one so beautifully made and love that there is a mix of masculine and feminine cards. It would be hard to select just one but if I had to it might be the quilt card. What a great way to use up all those pretty papers!
    So happy you joined in the hop!!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and creative cards, I love them all but that January one sure has caught my eye with all those pretty paper scraps, it's perfection!! The shoe one is fabulously fun too, but like I said all are great!! Have a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed looking at your cards from this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some really lovely cards here; I adore that scrapped quilt card. I'm always on the lookout for ways to use up my scraps. That peacock card is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beautiful red Poppy's! And your slider cards are just brilliant! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards!!! My favorites are June and November! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, your cards are gorgeous, Kate! There's no way to pick my favorite from this fabulous collection - love them all! The quilted card looks like a labor of love and is such a great way to play with our neverending pile of scraps. It's so wonderful to be part of this blog hop with you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards - love the poppies and the Christmas pudding!

    Great to join in with the review this year and see everyone's favourites.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card choices for your favorites! The interactive designs are really fun, and I am loving that awesome Christmas pudding and the beautiful poppies! I am a new follower here, looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards! Love them all for they are so unique and beautiful! Happy New Year!! Maria Patrick, Maria’s Merry Makings(blog)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!