Thursday 7 December 2023

Tis the Season to Sparkle!

 


Time Out Challenge #253 has just gone live and we're ending the year with a bling - we challenge you to be 

Sparkly


I'd like to thank our generous sponsor Picket Fence Studios who are offering a $25 store credit to our Time Out Winner as chosen by the Design Team!  



Our winner will also be invited to join us as a guest designer in a future challenge, so I do hope you'll grab anything that sparkles and join us!


I heard recently that the EU will shortly be banning glitter so I was determined to use as much of it as possible for my last card of 2023.  


I cut several Tm Holtz deer from white card stock and again from white glitter card stock and stacked them - this is the mini deer from the movers and shapers set.  Once stacked, I added a few coats of glossy accents - I love the way the glitter shines and sparkles under the glossy accents.  


For the forest scene I added birch trees (Impression Obsession) and a snow bank (Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders) to a background panel - all from various shades of white shimmer card stock.


The 'Tis the Season (Uniko Simply Said Blocks Christmas) was perhaps not ideal as a lot of the detail was lost with the Judykins White Diamonds Embossing Powder but it's still readable (only took me 4 attempts to get one that was readable LOL)!


"SPARKLE" was cut from white holographic card stock using the MFT Little Letters Upper alphabet.


It was devilishly tricky to photograph this white on white sparkle so I created a short video.



I ended up making 9 of these and ran out of the white holographic paper so I used silver holographic paper instead.  What do you think - the silver definitely sparkles more than the white but I think I prefer the white!  I'd love to hear what you think!




Be sure to check out the inspiration from my fellow team mates and the very talented Heather of Handmade by Heather joins us as our guest this challenge.  Heather is one of our regulars and is always a joy to visit! 

 I'd like to enter the following challenges

Die Traumfabrik Challenge #122 where Elliot the Littlest Reindeer is the movie of the month;
Bastel Traum Challenge #127 - Winter Landscape;
Four Seasons December 2023 Challenge - Anything Winter Goes;
The Alphabet Challenge - R is for Reindeer;
Shopping Our Stash Challenge SOS511 - Whatever the Weather;

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my crafty friends a blessed and sparkly Christmas and a bright and prosperous 2024!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully elegant scene!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and it looks like a perfect winter landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow.. really amazing! Love your card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowy weather is not my favorite, but it does make for a beautiful card!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with our "Whatever the Weather" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SOS511

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of this luscious white and gorgeous sparkle are so perfect for our challenge. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a bit of sparkle.. A wonderful card with a reindeer, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely winter scene, Kate. GA over glitter paper is one way to control it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely scene with the beautiful deer! Wonderful sparkle, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!