Thursday 18 May 2023

Hooray Squirrels

 

My little great nephew has just become a big brother.  I thought this pair of squirrels (Poppy Stamps Whittle Squirrel) would make a cute big and little brother.  

I wanted to make my squirrels spin so I placed them on a leaf (Poppy Stamps Whittle leaf).  It was trickier to balance than I had anticipated and I ended up addding two leaves to the left side (Tim Holtz Fall Foliage) and a bit of bling!  Finally it spun properly without just hanging vertically.

You might think an Autumn theme at this time of year is an odd choice but it is heading for the Southern Hemisphere where it is Autumn!  Not that there is much in the way of European trees or squirrels in the coastal area where my niece lives but I wanted to send a little bit of Europe down under .... plus the squirrels just looked so Autumnal!

I used MFT Open Road to create the track on which these two little fellas can enjoy their journey together!


I'd like to enter my little Squirrels in the Inspirational Challenge #289 which has Word Prompt Mini!


I was able to use a snippet of gold from a previous project so I'd like to enter the Snippets Playground Challenge #454!


I'd also like to enter the following challenges
Crafty Aninmals Challenge #72 - Anything Goes with an Animal;
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says Interactive;
Use Your Stuff Challenge #484 - I used alcohol marker blending to colour the squirrels and leaves;
NBUS Challenge #50 - The Whittle Squirrel and Whittle Leaf dies were new;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments always bring me joy and are always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

7 comments:

  1. How fun! I've never done one of these before but it looks like fun! Thanks for joining our technique challenge at Use Your Stuff this week! Come play with us again in our next challenge!
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love cards that 'do things' Kate! This is so cute!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your kinetic card and those REALLY cute squirrels.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Come and enjoy a cocktail (or two) up in the Treehouse later! Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! You incorporated theme very nicely. Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant and super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic animal card. Thank you for joinig us at The Male Room. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card :-))
    Thank you for joining us at The Male Room ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!