Monday 20 March 2023

On Track for a Twofer

Onefer :

I may have already mentioned we have been fortunate to have several Ukrainian women join our choir and I am blessed to call these women friends.  One of them has a young son and he loves cars!  When I found out he was having a birthday, I knew I wanted to make him a card with a moving car.  This Beetle from Taylored Expressions is probably my favourite vehicle - I love the little details it has!  I've used MFT Open Road to cut the little piece of road and channel and MFT Rolling Hills to create the ... rolling hills!  

His mother helped me with the "Happy Birthday Ilias" text in Ukrainian which I printed onto some white card stock and cut with one of the Memory Box Marshamallow Clouds.   I added a little sun so that it's peeking out from behind the cloud (Frantic Stamper Village Sky set) and added a little aeroplane from the same set to complete the scene.  I don't think cars should spin so I added two magnets to the back (side by side) so the car slides back and forth.

He loved it!
 

I'd like to enter this card in the Daring Cardmakers Challenge with the prompt Little Ones

Twofer:

While I had the Open Road and Rolling Hills sets out, I thought I'd use them to create a scene for this little hedgehog - I made it for a project a few days ago but ended up not using it!  I wanted the hedgehog to roll up and down the hill so I used the curved track piece from the Open Road set and tried to match the curvature to that of the rolling hillside.  I added this stacked "sending" sentiment (Simon Says Stamp) and a little cloud and sun (from Frantic Stamper Village Sky).  As I was cutting some of these little flowers for the meadow one of them fell on the Hedgehog and I quite liked the of a flower behind her ear!  I am just totally in love with these Whittle animals from Poppy Stamps - they have such amazing details!  I've coloured this little hedgehog with light and dark brown alcohol markers.  The little eyes and prickles have caught more of the ink and so are highlighted - love the effect!  



I also bought the matching Whittle Wild Animals Sentiment Stamp Set so you can probably guess what's on the inside of the card .....


Yup!  I'm sending hedge-hugs!


I almost forgot to include a video!

This little hedgehog is making his debut here so I'll be entering it in NBUS Challenge #48

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

3 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are fun. It was thoughtful of you to use a sentiment on the car card that the boy could read. I am so glad you posted the video. In the still photo I thought it was a cute card with hedgehog that would "walk" up the hill upright. Making him roll up and down the hill takes this card to a whole new level. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love both of your cards. The interactive element is so much fun and Ilias will love it. Thanks for sharing your creations with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fab slider cards that are so fun! I think I've only made one slider card. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!