Sunday 6 March 2016

More Than Words


This is a special card for a really special young lady.  Silla's mother died when she was 2 years old and her father died a year later.  She survived unspeakable poverty until the age of 14 when she presented herself at the gates of the Ilula Orphan Project in Tanzania.  She is now a qualified teacher and for the last two months has been gaining work experience at the Sunflower Montessori Creches here in Luxembourg.  She returns shortly to Tanzania to teach children who are orphaned like herself.  

My good friend Helen, who runs the Montessori Sunflower group of creches in Luxembourg asked me to make some cards for her.  This card is for the staff from the creche to sign.   There are so many things to say to her.  Good luck, thank you, you are amazing ….  but as this background stamp from Crafty Individuals says so many of these things and more, it was a perfect choice.  I embossed it in gold to match the swanky gold foiled DP and the gold MFT sunflower (which was of course mandatory).

I was very lucky to find this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #226 to help me put it all together (though I flipped it vertically).



Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment.  

I love to hear from you all,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card for an amazing young lady. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary card that befits the extraordinary young lady it is meant for. How wonderful!! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!