Tuesday 19 March 2024

Tartan Whimsy

 

A fairly quick card this fortnight for The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge #159.   

I had 3 small snippets of designer paper that were just large enough for these little trees (Poppy Stamps Nordic Whimsy Trees).  The snowy sky panels was left over from a previous project and I found a pad of watercolour paper on a shopping expedition last week that had a lovely texture (and was a bargain to boot) and I used it for the snow bank (Lawn Fawn Cloud Borders).

I'd like to enter the Snippets Playground Challenge #476 - here are my snippets!


The trees are NBUS so I'd like to enter NBUS Challenge #60!

Grab our badge to display on your blog.

The theme for Christmas Craft Creations for March is Designer Paper


The current ABC Christmas Challenge theme is E for embossing, F for Faux, G for Gingerbread!  I've gone with faux - a faux stitched panel and a faux embossed snowbank.  

The Sparkles Christmas Challenge #158 has the theme Plaid or Tartan;


 I'd also like to enter these fab challenges
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #55 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

15 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing. The great background fits perfectly to the stylized christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, like the trees. Hugs Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty winter scene with those patterned paper and detailed trees!! That watercolor paper does look like snow and the "starry" sky gives a beautiful night feeling! Great card Kate!! Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of this Christmas card. Nice tree dies and great background.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground (and for sharing a pic of your snippets). See you up in the treehouse for a glass or two of Guinness (still got some left in my satchel!). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Kath - such a lovely scene with the snowy sky, snow bank (that paper HAD to be bought for sure, it's lovely) and the dear little trees are delightful.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apologies Kate - I think I typed KatH by mistake, xl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem Di, Kath/Kate I answer to a whole lot of names!

      Delete
  7. I love this festive make Kate those trees are gorgeous a super make
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful Christmas card! I never thought of using a tree die cut on pattern paper, how creative! It's a lovely scene for your beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh...what a wonderful way to use the designer paper! Love this! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kate, great design with trees. Love it. Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles Christmas. Hugs Debs DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous die cut trees, loving the lay out. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas challenges. Take care. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun challenge to combine with our plaid/tartan Sparkles Christmas March theme! I love the idea of a Snippets Challenge and should play along. You really made a beautiful card from 3 DSP scraps! Thanks for sharing a new-to-me challenge! Thanks for playing along with us. I hope to see you in the gallery for our April challenge! Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicely done using the designer paper in the trees, awesome tip, thank you for playing our Christmas Craft Challenge, have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CCC
    Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!