Thursday 18 April 2024

A Fitting Wedding Card

 

We're half way through Time Out Challenge 261 and as this card I just finished for a friend works for this challenge, I thought I'd share it with you today!   

Challenge #261 is all about this quote

"I'm a romantic!  I live for long, dreamy walks down the craft aisle"!


An Inspired By Words challenge works exactly as you would expect - you take the words from the featured quote and use them to inspire your creation!   You can use one word, multiple words or just the general idea of the quote.  Whereas my previous card focused on the word "Craft", this card focuses on the words "Romantic" and "Aisle".  

I used a jigsaw die (Stampin Up Love You To Pieces) to emboss a piece of white card stock (using a tan embossing mat), which I then cut down with a heart die.  You lose a little of the detail from the embossing by doing it in this order but I prefer to have the rounded edged of the die cut rather than the ragged edges from the embossing.  I then used the puzzle die to cut three more puzzle pieces from cream card stock and one from black.  I cut a v in the top of the black piece and added it to one of the cream pieces.  Then I stacked the other two pieces, added pearls along the "neckline" and the two pieces fit together perfectly.

The names of the bride and groom and the wedding date were cut from gold paper with Gummiapan Alphabet and Number sets - I really love the quirkiness of the font ...  and the size!  

I liked the design so much I made up some others without names for an upcoming market in June!  They can always be personalised as needed!

How do these words inspire you and where do they lead your imagination?  We hope you can take Time Out of your busy schedule to come play cards with us!   


I'd like to join these fabulous challenges


AAA Card Challenges #263 - Wedding/Anniversary Card;



Die Traumfabrik Challenge #127 - They cloned Tyrone is the featured film and my card uses the same puzzle piece with one turned 90º);



Crafty Chicks Challenge #712 - Week 3 CAS;


NBUS Challenge #61 - NBUS Love You To Pieces set!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty and sweet card. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet and perfect to acknowledge/celebrate the "special day". Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and a very pretty card. Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory!!! Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. this is such a cute and creative wedding card, Kate. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever take on this challenge Kate! Love it! This is a beautiful and perfect CAS creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, great CAS and love the puzzle pieces, awesome, thank you for playing our CAS this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge, have a great day.

    Leanne DT Member/KCC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate, I'm really in awe with this super creative and elegant wedding card! Brilliant idea!! Thank you so much for playing along with our Dream Factory challenge. Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!