Tuesday 28 November 2023

Merry and Bright Lantern

 


Challenge #153 at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and this is my DT card.  I was cleaning up some Christmas left over boxes and found a panel I'd stamped ages ago with stamps from the Waltzing Mouse Stamps Bright Season set.  What a find, and there was a matching envelope made up stamps from the with the Little Lanterns set - I'd even added glossy accents to the red candles!  I reckon I must have stamped this prior to November 2016 - that was the last time I made up a card with this set and in those days I would usually make up multiple panels when I had a stamp set out and inked up.  Anyway, high time I used it!

So I cut a few lanterns from the matching die set, stacked them up and placed them over the candle and flame.  I added a large poinsettia (Sizzix Holiday Sketch) to the top and a simple "Merry & Bright" sentiment (Uniko Simply Said Blocks:Christmas) underneath.

I'd like to enter the Following Challenges
Snippets Playground Challenge #468 - Snippets of red for the poinsettia. gold for the poinsettia centre and black for the lantern;




Merry Little Christmas Challenge +53 - Anything Christmas Goes;

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #81 - If it's Christmassy link it up;


Peace on Earth Challenge #52 - Anything Christmas Goes.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments always bring me joy and are always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully created card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card with the lantern! And, love how you placed the beautiful poinsettia on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful festive card Kate I love that lantern and Poinsettia a super make
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Christmas card. Lovely lantern and super big poinsettia.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! My first thought was HOW did Kate do that? I love this card.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a very wonderful card and such a brilliant design also.
    Love that lantern.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning design, such a clever layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is amazing!!! I love lanterns, especially at Christmas and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous lantern card, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work, Kate, this is lovely! This would work well over at Christmas kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for signing up, Kate, your card is just adorable. x

      Delete
  12. Beautiful lantern and poinsettia pairing! Love the clean, fresh design. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!