Wednesday 24 February 2021

Dancin' Shoes


I used a Sizzix Originals Die (remember those old red ones) to cut this "dress" and "shoes" from embroidered fabric ages ago and they've sat in a box all this time waiting to be put to use.  I placed a "spring" on the back of the dress so it could do a little soft shoe gentle sway though it looks like the shoes are already doing their own thing - anybody else recall Bed Knobs and Broomsticks!   

The quote from Oprah was one I found when I was searching for a quote about shoes for a previous challenge.  I used WordArt to format it and some WMS stitched rectangles to cut and mat it.

I'm entering the following challenges


613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with an Optional Twist of Heart and Sole (I just went with Sole)!



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can become better acquainted!

Kate




6 comments:

  1. Hi Kate

    Love your sentiment and that gorgeous dress! They display beautifully on your choice of card fold.

    Lots of those red Sizzix dies in my little craft pod .. .. and still in use too!

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Kate! These are words I could live by!! Just love your 'swaying' little dress, and shoes that seem to have danced themselves right off!!
    Thanks so much for playing cards with us at IB!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspired card! Love the quote from Oprah :) !!! Thank you for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful card, love your dress and beautiful quote! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card - thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create this month and joining in with our added theme of soles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous done in the embroidered fabric. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!