Monday 8 February 2021

Vintage Champers!

 This is a card I've made for a friend in Australia!  She's turning 80 and I swear she barely looks 60 so I wanted to avoid a big "80" on the card - and I think I've managed it with a very subtle "fondé en 1941"!


 I designed the label using word art, and the dies for the bottle and glass are from a set I bought a while back but this is the first time it's been used.
  I cut just the neck from a piece of golden card stock and trimmed it, then wrapped a strip of black card stock around the neck and added a red rosette (the sun from Frantic Stamper's Village Sky die set)


The glass was cut from vellum but I added some gold glitter to give the appearance of champers!  Needless to say there is gold glitter over everything (and everyone) at home!


I added  some hearts (on my desk from another project) for some heart shaped bubbles!


Challenges I'm entering : 



The Library Challenge - Jar (or in my case glass) of Hearts






Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can check out what you’ve been up to and maybe get to know you a little better!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Kate. Great design and I love how you’ve subtly personalised it with the date. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card for your friends special Birthday, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Love is....' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever to use the date that way, it's a lovely card which I know she will enjoy. Thanks for sharing with us at the Love is challenge at allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome card! I love the bottle of champagne and the way you made the glass and with heart bubbles. So creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, what a lucky lady to be turning 80 and look 60! Good genes there! Maybe the answer is champagne?? I love the subtle way you got her age on there using the wine label, Kate! And I love all the pink and gold and glitter and how you finished it with heart bubbles!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...awesome card!!! So clever. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you put this fabulous card together for your friend. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Love the colours and layout. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. Hope to see you again in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and creative card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!