Thursday 4 February 2021

Awesome Mauve

I was asked to make a card for an awesome Scot (aren't they all awesome??)!  I knew some plaid and a few Mackintosh roses wouldn't go amiss as well as various shades of purple (the colour of the thistle and the different heathers to be found on the Scottish hillsides) and here's what I came up with! 


The timing was perfect as it coincided with this prompt at Rainbow Card Challenge #26 - Mostly Mauve!




After adding the roses (Waltzing Mouse Simple Sprig) to the branch (Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms) and this "Awesome" sentiment (Verve Amazing Adjectives), I wanted some deeper purple ("Thistle" coloured) and decided to add this butterfly - it arrived just before Christmas so I haven't yet had a chance to use it (and desperately wanted to be reminded that brighter days are coming)!  The current Cuttlebug Challenge is Put an Animal on it, so that worked out well and I get to enter NBUS Challenge #23 too!

I'm also entering Always Fun Challenge # 199 - Card for a Friend

and Fab'n'Funky Challenge #509 - Anything Goes!

P.S. I used Milled Lavender Distress Ink to stamp the roses, used circular punches to cut them out, coated them with Glossy Accents and sprinkled a little Holographic ultra fine glitter while it was drying.

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can check out what you’ve been up to and maybe get to know you a little better!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate



10 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love how you used that die cut in the middle. Thank you for sharing with us at Always Fun Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love the design and the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure your awesome Scot will love this awesome card! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at The Rainbow Card Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Kate! All Scots are awesome! And I love your card making that declaration with the beautiful plaid, floral branch, and deep purple butterfly! It's a fabulous design! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! (Better days ARE coming!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Kate. Lovely design and in my favourite colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, Kate!!! Awesome background and your addition of roses and that butterfly are perfect... Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge. Hope to see you again next month for our next challenge. I would love to see what you create!!!
    Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, what a beautiful card, Kate ! This challenge was made for you and you showcase this colour in such a stunning way. Love every details in your card : beautiful background, lovely roses and awesome butterfly, without mentioning your gorgeous design. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at the Rainbow Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate, this is stunning! The aperture die really sets it off! Thanks for joining us at TRCC and I hope we see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Em, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! We look forward to seeing you again!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen
    The Rainbow Card Challenge DT
    www.creativetimewithme.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!