Tuesday 10 May 2022

Birdshop Quartet


Firstly, apologies for being MIA for a few weeks - I had a charity card workshop last Saturday and had kits and guides to prepare.  This month is shaping up to be another busy one - and today in particular so I'll keep it short - well shorter than usual!

I wanted to make this up for my choir director but ran out of time and ended up making a much simpler card.  Fitting this large treble clef and making a musical stave were problems that required more than the day's notice I had - let alone how I was going to work out how to fit enough birds (and their legs) to play out at least some of the "Happy Birthday" song!  I ended up putting double sided tape on the back of a some black card stock and cutting strips for the stave and I used the birds legs to sound out just the last line of the tune (in the key of G) which worked out well because there's just about enough room underneath for dear/to and the recipient's name which will balance the design a bit better!


Seize the birthday #237 has the optional topping of Butterflies or Hummingbirds.  While these birds are not Hummingbirds, they are "Humming Birds"!

These birds and the black card stock used for the stave and clef are all snippets left over from previous projects so this card is heading over to the Snippet's Playground Challenge #427 where sadly I haven't had enough time to play for weeks!

Player's Badge

There is also a Birds/Bird Nests/Bird Cages challenge at Double D Challenges!


I'm also entering the Crafty Animals Challenge #61 - which always has an "any animals go" theme (my first pet was a bird so they're always special to me)!

Blog Badge

I'd also like to enter the Make My Monday Challenge #174 which has the theme Springtime!

I'd also like to join the Daring Cardmakers May Elemental Challenge which has the following elemental inspiration.  I have chosen the swirls on the frame, the striped ribbon and the sheet music as my 3 elements! 

 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here and check out what you’ve been up to so we can get better acquainted!

Kate

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic easel card for your Choir Director. Nice and colourful and very appropriate.

    Thanks for playing in the Snippets Playground. Hope you found time to at least do ONE lap of dancing around the Maypole! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fabulous creation Kate! Perfect for your Choir Director ... going to bring a huge smile! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birds’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there! You will find links to the other four challenge blogs we have on the sidebar of our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so tickled at you "Humming" Birds, I laughed out loud! What a great card for any music lover and especially a choir director. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 'humming birds' card, and I’m amazed at your creativity in placing the birds to the tune of Happy Birthday! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one clever and resourceful card maker!!!! I couldn't possibly love this more. Thank you for linking your colorful creation on the Seize the Birthday challenge for us all to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleverly cute card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is completely adorable! So glad you linked up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

    auw wat een supertoffe kaart, Leuk dat je meedoet bij Make My Monday challenge

    Hugs

    grtjs Claudia

    DT Make My Monday challenge

    mocht je mijn nieuwe blognaam nog niet hebben, zie de info hieronder
    Ik ben nu te vinden onder mijn nieuwe blognaam Claudia's kaartjes met een nieuw URL: https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
    https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I would never have known that you had to create so much of this by hand. It's amazing that you accomplished all of this in the time you had. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at MMM! Hope to see you in our gallery again! X Sue

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!