Tuesday 30 May 2023

Crocheted Christmas Bloom

 

Tiem for a new challege at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Card Challenge and time to add a new card to my stash for next December.  As the weather gets warmer, it can get increasingly difficult to concentrate on cards for the winter months!  My youngest son loves Christmas and particularly Christmas music so it's not unusual to hear Christmas classics blasting out throughout the year, which definitely helps me get in a Christmas mood but if you're struggling with Christmas inspiration, my teamies have loads of inspiration for you and our our gallery will soon be filling up with even more - I do hope you'll join us!

This lovely little flower (Sue Wilson Spiral Pearl Flowers) reminds me of a crocheted flower and I think it frames this oval die cut (Create and Craft Ornate Ovals) perfectly!  Both sets were recent prizes from the Snippets Playground!  They weren't designed for Christmas, but make up something in red, green and gold ... et voila! 


There's a fair bit of dimension with the flower and leaves - each consist of three layers and I've used foam tape to mount the oval and again on the flower - I used some doubled up foam tape where the flower overhangs the oval to keep the levels even.   The inside was decorated with the smaller of the two flowers.  

I stamped and embossed this sentiment (Waltzing Mouse Stamps Compliments of the Season) with Topiary Embossing Powder which is a dark green with gold flecks.  I wasn't sure how it would go on this pre-foiled background DP but I was happy with the outcome - it's certainly legible anyway!



I'd like to enter the following challenges
Snippets Playground Challenge #455 - Snippets of Gold from previous projects;
NBUS Challenge #50 - NBUS Spiral Flowers and Ornate Ovals;
Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round May Challenge - lots of gold in the gold foiled background DPs and the embossing powder as well the the bottom layer of the leaves and flowers (which was devilishly difficult to photograph);
Merry Little Christmas Challenge - anything Christmas Goes;
Peace on Earth Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes;
Rudolph Day Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    This card is very lovely and yes that beautiful flower looks like crochet.
    Love the traditional colours and your fab sentiment.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Kate - and so lovely to see you using some of your Snippets Playground prize right away. That makes Sarn and I very happy to know how much prizes are truly wanted by the winners. I love Christmas and never tire of making Christmas cards all year round. Need to join in with The Holly and Ivy ASAP!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, teamie!!! You had me fooled with the poinsettia! I thought it was crocheted!!! Super cool product! You've styled this very elegantly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely festive card Kate. Great to see you using your prize too (like Di said above).

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Kate, I love the gorgeous flower and it does look like it could have been crocheted. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Christmas card Kate, the decorative oval is so pretty and I love the traditional colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty - love that flower image! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job of taking "non-Christmas" die cuts and making them very Christmas-y. Lovely Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!! What a treasure someone will receive!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!