Thursday 25 May 2023

Cheers Time Out


Challenge #239 has just gone live over at Time Out Challenges and this time we have a photo inspiration for you!


Here's a closer look at all that mojo-sparking inspiration!


There were so many elements I had difficulty focusing my attention.  I tried to emulate that sleek trolley with silver and gold mirri card - but abandoned that idea after the second attempt led nowhere fast and instead I created a fancy cocktail that I imagined might be made up on that sleek trolley!

  I cut and stacked multiple tulip glasses (Tim Holtz Happy Hour) from upcycled acetate packaging using glossy accents.  The drink "contents" were cut using another die from the set and coloured with distress inks.  I added it onto the back rather than the front - again with glossy accents - and added several coats of glossy accents to the front of the glass to make it more realistic.  Of course I had to add a little cocktail umbrella from the Happy Hour set! 


The background panel was a lucky find that I unearthed while searching for a suitably tropical paper for the umbrella canopy!   My timber "bar" was inspired by the floorboards in the photo and the gold stacked sentiment was a nod to the brass frame of the trolley!  I couldn't ignore the bowl of oranges and I also added a cherry and a few mint leaves as a nod to the bowl of berries and the green foliage!

We're really looking forward to seeing how you're inspired by our photo - it might be a single element, several elements or the general vibe of the photo - but please tell us what it is that inspired you if it isn't obvious!  If you're stuck, there's plenty of inspiration from my fellow DT members and we're also joined by the very talented Joyce Mehrberg as our guest designer for this challenge!
 
I'd like to give a shout out to our sponsor for this challenge - Picket Fence Studios - who have very generously donated a $25 store credit to be awarded to our top pick as voted by the Design Team.  Our winner will also be invited to guest design with us in a future challenge.

I'd like to enter the following challenges

Make My Monday Challenge #201 - Theme of Masculine

The current As You Like Challenge It Challenge has asked whether we prefer masculine or feminine cards.  Feminine cards are definitely easier, but most of the men in my life them love getting a handmade card from me just as much as the women!  This card is for my eldest son who recently celebrated his 30th birthday (where did those years go?)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you go away a little inspired!  Your visits and comments are always a joy and always appreciated!  And if you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you!


Kate

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Kate! You've used so many aspects from the photo in a fun way. Love the way you added touch of wood too! Plus I want that cocktail, please. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have totally nailed it! Pineapples and cocktails! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've drawn so much from that pic Kate - love the wooden bar top and that drink looks like the real deal! Wish it was in my hand right now in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, Kate - what a fun card! Love that realistic cocktail - great job with all the details! Very fun tropical background paper, too! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza that drink glass is amazing. Super cheerful fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that you chose all of the elements including the oranges, that you did. this is an awesome creation, and I just love all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your effort was worth it for this realistic, colorful drink and card as a whole! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun card. Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, Kate, your glass is amazing. So realistic looking. All the other items from the cart that caught your attention were great additions to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a Fantastic card, Kate! I really love how beautifully you've incorporated so many elements from the inspiration pic. Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!