Saturday 5 March 2022

Read On


I'm preparing some kits for a workshop in May and this is one of the projects I'll be including in the kit - a Bookmark Card.  

The Sweetpea Designs Read Between the Lines stamp set and the Brainy Bookmark Die set were no brainers for this design!  There is a tag in the die set but I used another die from Love 2 Craft because it has a stitched edge.


I made the pocket from a 6x6 sheet of designer paper - I have way too much of that!  Left over bits were used to trim the bookmark.

I stamped the text with brilliance Galaxy Gold and trimmed the bookmark with gold foil paper.  The READ and specs were cut from the same paper and I couldn't resist adding a little glossy accents for the lenses.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed a "Pocket" challenge at Double D Challenges


 I also spotted a "Let it Be" challenge at The Little Red Wagon Challenge # 643 include projects that have something to do with the letter B.

Shopping Our Stash Challenge #465 has a Full Metal Jacket Theme and as I've used Gold Foil Paper, I'd like to enter there are well.

I'd also like to enter Papercraft Challenge #79 where Anything Goes!

Finally I'm entering the NBUS Challenge #36 as I've used a new tag die!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here and check out what you’ve been up to so we can get better acquainted!

Kate

8 comments:

  1. And what a cracking make it is too, thank you for sharing it with us at NBUS this month

    Kathyk
    Guest DT member for March

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bookmark and pocket card. I am with you I would totally add glossy accents to the glasses too. LOL! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and creative project!! Thank you for joining our fun at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a fabulous (and very creative) project! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pockets’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very creative and useful too. Your card is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along with our "full metal jacket" challenge over at SOS!! I love your bookmark card...very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what a classy way to gift someone a pretty bookmark, Kate! This will be a hit at the workshop. I love every detail right down to that glossified and adorable pair of specs! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card, Kate! How fun to have a little bookmark to tuck inside - and the spectacles are a wonderful touch!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!