Saturday 26 March 2022

Lovey Doves

 


Stumped for inspiration, I looked over previous cards I'd made to see if I could CASE them using some of the newer dies and stamps I've acquired in the mean time!  There is something about the 2nd card in this post from 2015 that I just love!  I remember experimenting with grounding the image by adhering strips of black card stock to a white base.  I happened to have some strips of navy card stock lying about on my desk so I thought I'd see where that took me. 

Initially I thought of going nautical but since I'd used such a pretty embossing folder already I scrapped that idea in favour of something more feminine!  Sometimes the fact that I'm a really messy crafter who doesn't clean up completely between projects has it's advantages!   I had some snippets of card in bold yellows, pinks and greens from various earlier projects lying around on my desk which caught my eye and I was reminded of this MFT Birds of a Feather set which arrived last week and then before I knew it this wedding/anniversary card just sort of emerged!  

Firstly I'd like to enter Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #424 since this card was composed almost entirely of snippets!  I haven't entered the Playground for ages because nothing I've made recently has used any snippets - I've generated plenty, just haven't used any!

Next I'd like to enter NBUS Challenge #36 since these love birds are enjoying their first outing!

Next I'd like to enter the Shopping Our Stash Challenge #466 where the theme is Spread Your Wings!

The current theme at the Daring Cardmakers Challenge is "The Early Bird Catches the Worm" so I hope these love birds aren't too late!

I've used an embossing folder so I'm eligible to enter the new embossing folder challenge Can You Handle the Pressure - where the theme is Anything Goes and I even managed to twist a little by adding a touch of green!  Also the Little Red Wagon Challenge #46 which has the theme Emboss Everything.

I'd also like to enter Krafty Chicks Challenge #604 - All Occasions,
and Inkspirational Challenge #261 which has the theme - Critters that Hop since birds are known to hop as well as fly!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here and check out what you’ve been up to so we can get better acquainted!

Kate

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Kate. The little birds are adorable and I love the colour combination. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those lovebirds ARE adorable, thank you for sharing with us at NBUS this month

    Kathyk
    NBUS Guest DT member for March

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely embossing and design full of gorgeous colours. Thanks for entering into our current challenge and good luck in the draw. [aNNie Proud designer for Can You Handle The Pressure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of colours and patterns on this card - so fresh and eyecatching. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Kate! This is such a lovely design ... what a cute/clever idea! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layout of this card and the cute and colourful birds you've added. Great idea to CASE your own cards from way back and try to use your newer materials to update!

    Thanks for submitting your homework to the Snippets Playground! I'm just about to make some cocktails up in the Playground Treehouse . . . care to join me? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like revisiting my cards and seeing how I can find inspiration ... love those awesome bright colors with the black & white ... cute little birdies too ... so very glad you joined our Spread Your Wings Challenge at Shopping our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic brightly colored love birds!! Thanks for shopping your stash and playing along with our "spread you wings" challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! I love the design and the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable spring card, the die cut birdies are so cute and look great with the textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was almost convinced this is my post. You described me perfectly with your thought process of making a card and the messy desk. Very cute card by the way! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our All Occasions theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's cute! I love the lovey doves in these bright colours. Thanks for sharing your link with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous CASE of your previous card Kate. I love the fresh and crisp look - just fabulous!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bright birds against the black and white. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fun card with those bright happy little birds and the clever design, Kate. Thanks so much for sharing with us at HLS - Dies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!