Saturday 26 February 2022

Fly by Night


I have been trying to kickstart my waning absent mojo and I thought the Let's Squash It Challenge might help!  Apart from using an embossing folder, the challenge is to use the colour green and include a bug.  
I also set myself a challenge to use something I hadn't yet used and this stamp/embossing set has been waiting to be used for some time now.  

The set is called Artistic Fern (Sizzix) - a stamp and embossing folder. It's a lovely stamp, but a little sparse for what I wanted and so I stamped it 5 times across the card in a landscape orientation. And embossed three of those. I also added ink to the embossing folder to create a little depth and distressed the background with shabby shutters and peeled paint after I was finished.




The bug is from Funky Insects (Tim Holtz). After dilly-dallying for over a day looking for some text and how to add it, I decided to go with spelling out the simple sentiment FLY. After I added the bug, it occurred to me that it must be a moth and as moths are nocturnal I'm calling this one FLY BY NIGHT!

I would also like to enter NBUS Challenge #35 - and to thank you Darnell and team for encouraging me to use my neglected purchases!
 
Gundi (Papierelle) has just told me about another challenge - Die Traumfabrik Challenge #101 - A Bug's Life, so my little moth will be flying over there as well!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here and where to see what you’ve been up to so we may become better acquainted!


Kate

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, I've been wondering where you went. It's lovely to see you back and it's clear you haven't lost any talent! I love the depth and detail you achieved with that background and I think that moth is amazing. It looks so real and the soft coloring throughout is perfect! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely, thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the insect looks so alive and the great background makes it look like it was just discovered in nature.
    Your card would also go very well with the current challenge at the dream factory. The theme: A bugs life
    https://traumfabrik-challenge.blogspot.com/2022/02/challenge-101-das-gosse-krabbeln-bugs.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your embossed background Kate and the moth is just gorgeous..love the colours..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That moth is a show stopper on your card and I love the depth on your base layer with the stamping and embossing. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love how you multistampsed and embossed with this set. Artistic fern is very pretty and I love you stretched it here. Love the 3D bug too. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. your card is wonderful! The bug looks so alive!
    Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!